What do ya'll figure? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do ya'll figure?

So far my IG list is gonna use it's main HQ mainly for it's high LD and Master Vox. Prolly tie it with three flamers for support in case i get into some trouble in the back lines.

Now it's easy to bog down your 5 man HQ unit with advisors, veterans, gear etc, but was wondering if it was worth it. I mean, still only human right. So what do other players kit their HQ with?

Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

So far my IG list is gonna use it's main HQ mainly for it's high LD and Master Vox. Prolly tie it with three flamers for support in case i get into some trouble in the back lines.
    I do that, except without the Master Vox and flamers. I use the honourifica to create a second high LD bubble.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

My main command unit has several uses. Ld, backup shooting, and, primarily, assault response.

As for Ld, I genally just take a senior officer, and a standard bearer. I dont bother with a heroic senior officer, unless I have spare points, as the standard tends to more than make up for 1 less Ld.

I give them a mortar, seeing as they will be staying out of sight behind my lines, and I want them to remain useful. I also sometimes give them a meltagun, for dealing with unwanted close encounters.

As for assault, there's the meltagun I meantioned before, but I also give the officer a powerfist (yes I know he can be singled out in many ways, but he does look awesome), and an 'honorifica imperialis mundanus' psyker with a force weapon, and frag grenades. Frag grenades are a must for the psyker. Sometimes mastercrafting the force weapon helps also.

Psyker you say? Whaaat you might also say? In response, I'd like to say that he almost always buys his points back, that is, if the enemy actually manages to reach my main lines.
    The main combat will be already going on, the line hopefully being held with help from my standard bearer, and the psyker and the rest of the command squad will assault the most dangerous unit there. The psyker will then attempt to target the nasty independant character/monstrous creature, and hopefully score an instant kill.

Of the last 4 battles the psyker was required to be in hth, he has killed a black templars high marshal, a carnifex, an inquisitor lord, and several genestealers. Its worth it just to see the look on your oponents face.

Sometimes I use a priest with an eviscorator as well, only this guy hasn't proved as useful.

This take on the command squad probably isn't so popular all round, however, judging by the amount of people I play against who say "Psyker? Why?"
    Last edited by Cadaver Junkie; November 6th, 2006 at 04:31. Reason: Avoiding confrontations with that most feared enemy unit, the spelling correction servitors.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

If you're using your commander for his LD value, I would not recommend kitting the squad out with a special weapon that requires you to be at point blank range to the enemy.
    Last edited by Dr. Paris; November 6th, 2006 at 06:11.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Paris View Post
    If you're using your commander for his LD value, I would not recommend kitting the squad out with a special weapon that requires you to be at point blank range to the enemy.
    If you are talking in general, then sure, but if you're referring to my commander, I use his unit for assault response as well (as i've said), and a meltagun is great for that!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:

I do that, except without the Master Vox and flamers.
    same here. I keep the HQ preferably outside enemy LoS (behind any sort of cover, inclueding my tanks).

HQ Command squad:

JO w. honorifica imperialis; iron disciplin
    Veteran w. standart
    3 guardsmen

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosm View Post
    same here. I keep the HQ preferably outside enemy LoS (behind any sort of cover, inclueding my tanks).

HQ Command squad:

JO w. honorifica imperialis; iron disciplin
    Veteran w. standart
    3 guardsmen
    Have you tried adding a mortar to this squad? That's what I do and it's surprisingly effective. The mortar may be inferior to a heavy bolter but in a squad like this one it's the ideal weapon since it's indirect fire ability redeems it several times over.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nother quicky, things like an officers Iron Discipline, trademark items, Comissar's LD bonus do not confer across the vox network correct?

Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never tried a mortar. mainly because i don't have the spare points and i dont like a mix of weaponary (e.g. HB and LC, no other heavy weapon)

though i't think a mortar could come in handy, though i consider it to be more of a gadget than being actual reliable. mortars should be either used in masses or not, IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Court View Post
    Nother quicky, things like an officers Iron Discipline, trademark items, Comissar's LD bonus do not confer across the vox network correct?
    From the IG Faq at this link

The commisar's Ld bonus can also be applied to other squads within 12 inches using the officer's Ld. (I assume this applies to the vox network as well.)

From IG Codex:

Pg. 36: A unit led by a character who carries a tradmark item will (listed beneftis) that it it [the unit] suffers. (So no on trademarked items.)

On page 56, all it says is that any unit using the Ld value of an Iron Disciplined officer gets the benefits. So for that I would say yes, the vox network will translate the benfits of iron discipline to a squad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast