Vindicare vs. Heavy Weapons Team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Vindicare vs. Heavy Weapons Team

The thread about "What's your fav assassin" got me thinking about the Vindicare's ability to pick out heavy weapons in a squad.

How do the Vindicare assassin rules work with Imperial Guard heavy weapons teams? Does the Vindicare have to kill both models to destroy the heavy weapon, or does he shoot the gunner and the loader is just out of luck?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Aslong as one of the models in the heavy weapon team is alive the heavy weapon will be able too fire; gunner and loader are just names invented by the players to describe the models.

Like the Eldar grav platform crews, guardsmen form heavy weapon teams just to prevent things like this from happening. Even should torrent of fire, mindwar or an vindicare pick out one of the guardsmen from the team the other member of that team will take over, it's one of the advantages we have over say... Space Marines who have one model firing the weapon.
    Last edited by Kaiser; November 9th, 2006 at 01:15. Reason: Missed a word.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

Makes sense, thanks.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Really? I thought the loader and gunner were separate entities. Is there an FAQ that verifies this?

Man, I remember the day a Tzeentch player tried to tell me that the heavy weapon teams were multi-wound models... I thought about snapping those loaders off their stupid two-model bases just for the 'so there' factor, but I restrained myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

The problem is how GW has made the models look... although I love the models they should look more like that of the Eldar antigrav platforms... a gun and two models.

I've read somewhere where it states all of this.. but for the life of me I cant find it.. maybe in the rulebook (as I dont have it here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I think it is in the Guard FAQ.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    The problem is how GW has made the models look... although I love the models they should look more like that of the Eldar antigrav platforms... a gun and two models.

I've read somewhere where it states all of this.. but for the life of me I cant find it.. maybe in the rulebook (as I dont have it here)
    They used to look like that, but why GW changed it two how they are now I have no idea.

The rulebook mentions nothing of Heavy Weapon Teams that isn't already in the codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Really? I thought the loader and gunner were separate entities. Is there an FAQ that verifies this?

Man, I remember the day a Tzeentch player tried to tell me that the heavy weapon teams were multi-wound models... I thought about snapping those loaders off their stupid two-model bases just for the 'so there' factor, but I restrained myself.
    Gunner and Loader are not separate entitites, as I said, gunner and loader is a relic left behind from the older rules, nowdays they're just the two guardsmen who handle the gun. The names gunner and loader are just words to describe them and carry no weight.

If you read the codex through, aswell as the rulebook and the FAQ, you'll find no mention of either gunner or loader, everywhere they're described as two guardsmen who form a heavy weapon team; There's no mentioning which one does what or if anything special happends if one of them fall.

The problem today is that people take the names gunner and loader for granted and read too much into these names. It would cause alot less confusion about what's going on if people just stopped using these names and called them crewman A and crewman B instead, because that's a more accurate desciption of what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by C/-Rt3r View Post
    I think it is in the Guard FAQ.
    Unless the FAQ has been updated since last I checked, the only mention of heavy weapon teams is that they're two separate models based together for the convenience of movement.

They are not multi-wound models.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x5)

Although it would be bad for taking out HW teams, the assasin would be great for killing the special weapon weilders. These can be just as dangerous sometimes and can be killed by one wound.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

The Faq says nothing about heavy weapons teams that helped answer my question, first place I checked. I think treated it similarly to an anti-grav platform makes the most sense. The IG put a lot of value in heavy weapons (they worth almost as much as the squad in some cases), so it'd make sense to have two guys to help work the thing.

On a tactical note, if you're Vindicare is shooting at hvy wpns teams, he's not killing the offercers, especially the 1 and 2 wound JO's and SO's, who are far better targets IMO. Special weapons are also a good pick.
    Last edited by Dr. Paris; November 9th, 2006 at 15:06.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

The FAQ that I have states that the heavy weapons teams are two separate models based together for convienence. To me that seems that they are two seperate entities. So IMO, if the Vindicare snipes the gunner RAW-wise the loader cannot take over.

Fluffwise, It would make sense if he took over the gun.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast