Radical DH with IG? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radical DH with IG?

Ok, so I posted a 2k Radical Inquisitor list with allied marines, people didn't seem to warm up to it too much. I really enjoyed the list I posted to begin with, although people pointed out the lack of bodies, which I recognized and makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

So i've been rethinking the list, and looked at my 2k puritan list I wrote up, which is in my mind by far the best list i've written up (I dont play at the moment, got out of it a for a long time, and noone to play with around here yet) but I write up armies all the time, try to keep up with most of the new rules, buy the codicies im interested in. Anyway, in the puritan list I had inducted guard, I was wondering how this would play out in a Radical list.

My only concern is loosing all the assault cannons, in my original list I had 3 LST and a ac/dccw dread.

Now I can field sentinals, but I gotta say, not too impressed with them, not great armor, no real nice weapon choices, aside from expensive lascannons. Although the multilasters look nice, high AP but thatsalot of Str 6 shots going at the enemy.

It also gives me the ability to field a Leman russ, which ive never used, I know they are basically the sticky IG ordanance cannons, but with BS 3, how are they? Also, can anyone tell me which page in the rulebook it explains ordanances? If you miss, you miss i assume, but if you hit, do they scatter? Ive really got no idea how they work, lol.

Also, in the DH codex it says I can field Ig infantry platoon, a platoon requires a command squad, that is just the commander and whatever is in that grey box with him right? Not thecommand platoon where I could buy support squads with it?

So, especially anyone that has looked at my Radical lists, do you think IG as apposed to Space marines would be a better way to go? Gunna go start writing up an army now, so you will have the pleasure on hopefully commenting on that soon.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the help with this, its hard trying to do a, at least sort of unconventional army, when you still want to at least stand a chance in play.

He's coming for you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

The thing about Ordnance is that it has no bearing on your ballistics skill.

You drop the pie-plate o' doom. and find out where it actually ends up by scatter. Pretty basic.

Ordnance can be really really dirty if used right. And I think the Leman Russ tank is the best platform for it. Great Armor, Great Range, significant versatility after the Battle Cannon is gone... I like Leman Russ.
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I play a radical DH / WH army. I would recommend it over the IG, the thing with the Radical army is that you get to feild daemonhosts. Daemonhosts and any assasins you use are assualting, meaning that they need to travel across the board to the other side. If they keep within 6"'s of friendly units, they will get across untouched. This is where power armour comes in handy, WH and SM are made to assault, to move forward and take a beating, IG on the other hand are made to stand and shoot, sure you can get a few units who will craftily make a charge through out the game but its not where their strenght lies.

Adding on to that the Fluff of the Radical DH =][= fits well with the WH.

As for the Russ's, well I love them in my IG force but having only one may pull your hair out, they draw alot of fire (but take it) and have a habit of missing your intended location, but when they hit they hurt and even if they miss they generally hit something else.

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't play DeamonHuters but i did play against an Radical list with my Chaos army last night. They had guard with them. i was actually quite impressed by the amount of shots they put out, it was like everything I love about guard, and bits of the stuff i love about Chaos all in one. HE did have a spot of bad luck with his Deamonhost though. I think Space Marines allies cater more to keeping the Assassin and Deamonhosts alive, but the Guard options do give you a lot of bloody fire power.
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

+ Reply to Thread