Librarium Online Forums banner

Gears of War conversion?

10K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Ready4anything 
#1 ·
Okay, after playing gears of war i was felt the suddent urge to convert some IG into somthing like the gears of war troopers. Anyone have any suggestions? Right now im thinking something like the Space marine scouts, maby with a tech marine torso(the one that comes with all the tanks) not really sure.

Incase you dont know what the gears of war army looks like here are some pictures, or just incase you want to look at them to get ideas.

thanks,
Rose

See less See more
#2 ·
I think these are more of space marine conversion rather then standard IG, converting a guarsman or storm trooper into THAT or something smilar is going to be very hard, cheez I wouldnt even know where to start really. But if you use space marine models then your life will be a bit easier in my opinion, you'll need chopped up armor like it was in use, some purity seals perhaps, dirty and rusty guns and some other similar stuff.

#3 ·
Defiantly something that you want to start with on the marines. Using catachan bits you could easily get the appropriate heads, and maybe some equipment you might need. My suggestion is take a marine without the shoulder pads on him, and go crazy with a file. If you wanted to start with a guard troop, you will probably need a LOT of greenstuff to get it looking right.

Nice idea tho! I would love to see some of these guys fighting 'nids.

#4 ·
i wasnt thinking of starting with imp gaurd bitz(although storm troopers may work) but i was just thinking makin something look like that for my veterans or storm troopers or somthing like that. And i think im going to go to GW today and start looking for bitz, keep posting with ideas and if i find somthing that looks good ill post a picture of it.

thanks, rose

#8 ·
Maybe give the scouts space marine boots, and use shotguns but give them a stock, a clip, and maybe a new barrel. As for that chainsaw-thing attached to the rifle, the old metal scout sgt has a chainsword that looks oddly similar, but an IG one cut to fit would be just as good. Catchan heads fit the image, but I don't think cadian vox caster heads would look out of place either.

With all the armor and space marine bits, these guys sound a little too beefy for vets/grenadiers. Maybe they could proxy for allied SoB squads?

#10 ·
There are heads that look like all of those except the girls on the catachan sprue.

You could use techmarine, iron priest, or other artificiar armor guys for the less solid appearance of the armor and just sand off the tech symbolds. For the arms, I'd almost say kaskrin arms look good but some space marine arms without the shoulder pads and maybe use some pasticard or gs to make some smaller pads.

Cool idea, can't wait to see how it turns out.

#14 ·
Anyone else think GoW is based on Space Marines? Seriously, chain bayonet (like a chain sword), heavy, bulky armor, shotguns, assault rifles (bolters), missle launchers, orbital strike!!? I seriously think there's a 40K (SM) inspiration behind GoW.

#15 · (Edited)
God these models are gorgeous, the unshielded heads suck bad though. The onse in helms are cool as hell but the other onse... I am gonna buy some of these and replace the unshielded heads with those of the 40k veterans, should make a hell of look.

How can I get them, other then mail order from UK, its too expensive for me. I tried ebay, but I couldnt find anything, any ideas???????

#16 · (Edited)
I have been triying something like with the space marines. y use marines body and legs and catachan figthers heads and gear. for the lancer, i've converted bolters cutting the barrel and gluing a lasrifle barrel (only the last part) and the point of a chiansword,about 1/3 of it below the front part. it's simple and quite apparent.
for the arms, i mixed marine arms, without shoulder plates, and catachan arms, with some green stuff to make the bleck shirts.
i admit y had some problems for making COG helmets, but i think the bes is using either IG heads, or marine helmets, covering faces with green stuff, and simply paint the eyes. Any ideas welcome, trought.

i've also had problems with assault teams conception, since like the lancer is also a hand to hand weapon, and yi don't want all my squads look the same. i also don't want chainswords wich not exist in GoW setting. i plan to either arm assault teams with two bolter pistols, a home made lancer and a kinfe, or lencer with longer chainsaw. i'm not sure yet. any ideas also welcome.

for the moment i only converted a squad of ten marines, all with lancer. sorry for not having any pictures.

by the way, i agree about GoW are nearly Space marines, did you note thet HALO marines are like the Imperial Guard? even the same color and great numbers!!

#18 ·
i love gears to but have you ever listened to cliff the creator of gears....
he said he was inspired by the old space marines when creating gears of war.
i have seen an IG conversion of halo with master chief counts as a tech priest with honorifica and built from IG covered in green stuff

#19 ·
I actually converted a single marcus fenix out of a space marine, it's not too detailed but it was easy. If I ever do get around to posting pics of any of my stuff he'll be there.

I used a space marine without shoulder pads, beefed up the back behind the head and cut the tip of the chainsword and replaced the bolter's grip with it. He's painted in my legion's colors now but still has the glowing blue on his back and shoulders, I use him as a sternguard sgt w/powerfist (chain bayonet) in experimental armor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.