Seraphim or Dominion? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Seraphim or Dominion?

For the fast attack slot, would you rather run two squads of seraphim and one dominion squad. Or would you rather run two dominion squads and one seraphim squad? Im trying to figure out how I want to build my army, changes can always be made down the road, but I'd like to have some goal that I can say I'm aiming for.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

neither.... 3 squads of seraphim
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither...literaly :tongue:

STRAIGHT =I= ARMIES ROCK! (Although we tend to lose a disproportionate amount of games :tongue.

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Two Seraphim and One Dominion usually, although I have done thr reverse. Depends what I'll be fighting.

And my Dominions 99% of the time carry 4 meltas.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I agree with Montford, I usually run 2 Sera squads and 1 Dom squad. And my Dom squads are maxed out with 4 meltas. It's a good fast strike unit...opponents don't always expect the moving melta o doom tactic
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Yeah,

I gotta say two Seraphim squads is real nice. One Dom Squad is good for the suprise.

I usually run 1 Seraphim squad with 2Inferno Pistols, and 1 squad with 2 Flamers. Both with Evisc and Book.

The Dom Squad always has 4Meltaguns, and sometimes a meltacombi-bolter. They're great for slagging tanks.

The Inferno Pistol girls do very well busting tanks as well. I try to use their hit and run to vault across the table faster, and get rear armor.
    Last edited by farmpunk; November 21st, 2006 at 16:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Seraphim are more useful than dominions in some respects, these being that they can move at 12" without need of a transport, thus being able to hide more effectively than dominions and without fear of being stranded if the transport is knocked out. Small squads of inferno pistols can deal with pretty much any vehicle and large squads with flame pistols can effectively kill any infantry squad. Thier combat potential also out plays Dominions, where dominions may disembark and shoot....they leave themselves vulnurable to clos combat....seraphim do well in both shooting and combat...especially with the hit and run rule.

Dominions however do have a transport and can add another Immolator without using up an elites slot. Also there are some situations where using five meltaguns and a multimelta may come more useful than seraphim with two inferno pistols. These situations tend to be ones where tough creatures with many wounds are present on the board. Tyrannids, Daemons even the C'tan. However if faced with an Avatar avoid using flamers and meltaguns as flame based weapons now have no effect on him (Back to the good old exorcist).

Other than the reason mention under Dominions I would feild more seraphims as these girls will tend to lend you more success due to the reasons mentioned in the first paragraph.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Heiromyo View Post
    However if faced with an Avatar avoid using flamers and meltaguns as flame based weapons now have no effect on him (Back to the good old exorcist).
    Flame based weapons now have no affect on avatars? new eldar rule or somethin?
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    Flame based weapons now have no affect on avatars? new eldar rule or somethin?
    Techinically it's an old rule, Gamesworkshop have merely bought back that rule from Two Eldar Codexes ago. However rapid fire bolters and divine guidance still works wonders against an avatar, as with almost any other mosterous creature.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

another question relating to this. my tank moves 12" and the dominions get out, can they shoot their weapons or are they sitting ducks for a turn? Cause wouldn't that count as moving twice or does all of that just count as the movement phase and there shooting phase isn't affected?
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; November 21st, 2006 at 22:08.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast