Calling All Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok silly me, but what would the Fang look like?? Has anyone read, heard, thought up themselves what the total troop, vehicle and support structure of All Thirteen (Yes Thirteen) Chapters would be like. Could you imagine that army list. How many points would it be??? Just a little thought to put out there, let me know what you think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

It's a large moutain... so it's quite big, but there aren't 13 chapters, it's 13 companies...
    The 13th is lost in the warp, so there are only 12 in the Fang...
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry on the Company/Chapters thingy was a bit late when I posted. However, as of 2004 there will be a Thirteenth Company, or atleast that's the news at GW. Can't wait to see them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a white dwarf from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day that had a model that some modeling company made (before forge world). It was pretty cool, but it wasnt totally to scale.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well just think of everest.... now imagine a bigger mountain with a huge fortress built into and ontop of it. for all 12 companies i'd say at least 2000 points.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a kind of picture of it in second edition codex, not really very good, fdidn't make sense, to gothic looking.

is there actually a reference to that whole mountain deal thing?

I saw that epic model of the Fang to, didn't like it too much.

MY THOUGHTS:

I always thought of it as a hugh tower based around a radial-trilongitudinal (thats a new word&#33 symetry. Basically, you've got the 12 main comanies, thats 3*4, so each of the three segments of this tower houses 4 companies worth of stuff. The "great company" while not needing the space, would be sort of a middle pillar at the center of the 3 radiating spokes of the tower mentioned. the center part is also used for other stuff to tho.

Vertically speaking, its frigging tall, there is reference that the 'penthosue' suite is basically low-oribt/vacume. so high up you need a full on preasure suit to go outside, like the suits early roket plane pilots used (X-15 maybe??)

I always thought it would be pretty damn cool if the thing basically was so tall it had a makeshift space dock at the top, but thats not entirely plausible (hah, as if anything here were&#33

The lower levels are the 'labrynith' reffered to where they keep all the dreadnoughts sleeping, thats below ground. Above that i imagined a mini forge of sorts for making ammo and repairing tanks and what not. On the outside i figured they'd have thunderhawk landing pads every 15 stories or so because if its THAT tall an elevator isn't really a practicale idea either.

I also figured the entire thing had to be lined with void sheilding for defense against planetary bombardment. v Actually my imagined fang had very few guns for defenses, more like it had scattered missle silos around its perifery as seperate structures for any large scale defense, baring that well, they ARE marines.

I actually drew up a picture of it and the 3way radial symetry is really a gem to behold, despite the fact that the SW aren't particularly geometric i always liked to think they could blend it in and make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And for the record, the original space wolf LEGION, pre heresy was fairly bigger then the current standing. IIRC there were two attempted splinter chapters after the astartes and both failed, figureing that the 13th company is a throwback from pre-heresy, you have to figure When was the FANG built? pre or post heresy, at least in its current formation (i certainly imagine it was STARTED pre heresy but when was it finished???)

Anyway when it was built is an important factor when decideing the logistical capacity of the fang.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kewl feedback everyone. Does anyone know how I can get ahold of that White Dwarf issue?? I have this REALLY insane idea of possibly modeling the Fang, or at least sections of it. (Yes I am crazy, but aren't we all just a bit?? ) I figure I'm already collecting Wolves, and I almost have a complete Company, or my version of it atleast, under my belt, might as well have a kickin place to keep them, plus my mates would just drool if I pull it off! :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the epic model was done on a lark i think. i mean it was well done but poorly thought out IMO.

It looked like a 6 foot tower made with boxes rather then a mountain top fortress or an imperial spire. If you do get ahold of it, unless there are more then the one i am talking of, don't use it for anything more then a very vague inspiration.
    and no your not crazy for wanting to make the FANG. my version of it is modular so i could have made one section but the entire thing would be duplicates of that one section.

If i ever get into BFG i have half a mind to try and recreate the ROCK from the DA chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up on the article, and thanks for the reassurance of my sanity, need that now and then (especially when the voices start talking) J/K :huh: I had planned on going with a modular deal also, that way it'l be easier to store and what not. Tell me more about the Rock?? Might get some helpful clues from it oh and it sounds interesting

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast