Blood Angels Vs Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats in your blood angel army?

[IMG]img%20src=%27http://img62.exs.cx/img62/5816/Minty__s_sig.jpg[/IMG]
    Join The G.R.O.S.S Calvin and Hobbes Clan <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=11196&st=0' target='_blank'>here</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a guard player and have one thing to say, CC. Stormies arnt good in close combat like all other guard units. And for the basilisk, just use assault squads like said before
    When goblins blow themselves up its stupidity. But when humans blow themselves up its bravery....odd isn&#39;t it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not long ago I fought against my friends BA. He fielded 2-4 squads of jumppack marines, a Death Company with jumppacks, a dreadnought, and two rhinos to cover his approch.

Now, if he had used his mobile cover optimally and maybe lost the dread for some more marines the battle wouldn&#39;t have ended as described in my reply in the "Best 40K Moments Thread." But it almost worked out to his favour...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hippo my army consists of 5 assault squad terminators 1 baal predator 1 landraider i chaplain i normally use 3 squads of tacticals but i could field like 7 or 8 i have 2 squads of assault squads one scout squad a sanguinary high priest a devestator squad a dreadnought and a furioso dreadnought. i think thats all oh and 1 force captain or commander dante if were usin speacial characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK how to tool up a BA army to take out IG:

HQ: Chaplain with jump pack (make sure your death coy get jump packs see and your VS in the squad has a power fist

Unless playing at 2000 points dont bother with any other HQ

Elites: Do not take termies - they are just cannon fodder for the basilisk
    In fact I wouldnt bother with any elites

Troops:
    Scouts (take squads of 10, infiltrate and assult to back up your jump pack units
    Marines: take in squads of 6 with flames and vet sgts (remember that death company), advance and burn/assult to support he scouts, but you buy em with razorbakcs with TL las cannon. you want atleast 2-3 of these squads, your razorbacks can waste his transport unless he focuses his fire on them in which cas ehe may well take em out, but hey by that point your assult is climbing down his throat.

FA: Assult marines with jump packs, give em plasma pistols and let them pop tanks/reek havoc. Wouldnt bother with anything else for IG

HS: you could take the Baal class but it will draw fire, arguable either way. No dev squads, no preds, absolutley no landraiders, if you got a whirlwind then field it

take as many of those 6 man marine troop squads as you can, the Razorbacks will pop his armour or draw his fire for long enough for your death company to blitz him

Once more - dont take termies, dont take a land raider. What this force gives you is:

Supporting fire: from the razorbacks popping his vehicles as well as possible the whirlwind or the baal destroying his squads. He has a choice to make at that point - he can either go for your advancing troops and suffer the ignomy of IG being outshot by marines or more likely he will focus his fire on your fire support, perhaps taking out a few marines as well, in the mean time your death company and assult squads are rampaging up the field as a horrific rate of knotts (if you havent already assulted him byt the end of turn2 then something is askew) the scouts, having infiltrated are not far behind and behind them are small marine squads providing selective bolter fire and by the end of turn 3 are in a possition to use flamers and assult as well
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

The Blood angels vet. Assault squad can be equipped with a melta gun, or two. Even an assault Squad can have 2 plasma pistols. Any of these guns should be good Vs armor 10.
    Perhaps looking into fielding a Calidus assassin, doesn’t her C&#39;tan blade give her some good anti tank skills? But fielding an inquisitor is kind of a pain.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks i will try that next time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone i think i can beat him now im playing him today i will tell all of you how it goes

Closed Thread