Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ive been thinking about what you all have suggested and i appreciate the help and the suggestions. From your suggestions ive decided to redo my drop army idea, but instead of all being mounted in valkyries ive diced that they will bw deepstriking. I want a light, but hard hitting gaurd army. this is wht i want to try:
- HQ squad w/ two addon special weapon squads each with plasma gund or melta guns
- two squads of stormtroopers
- three squads of guardsmen each having a plasma gun for special weapon
- junior officer squad w/ meltagun
- two heavy weapon teams of lascannon+autocannon
- 4 drop sentinels w/ lascannon, or multi melta or autocannon (help here with the bes choice would be appreciated)
I like this army list better because one it something that is different for one, easier on my wallet, and overall something i think would be fun to try.
***also, can i deepstrike my whole army or do i need at least one model on the field?**
Thank you for your help before and i would appreciate again, tell me wht u think or wht i should change. ty.
1) You need a Command platoon for both your Heavy weapon platoon and your Infantry platoon.
2) Are those Stormtroopers, or grenadiers? Because if they are storm troopers, your missing a TROOPS choice. ANd if they are Grenadiers, you do know that they can't Deep strike right?
3)After all is said and done, I recomend having autocannons on your sentinels. They are god against light armour.
You really want to run the "Last Chancers" IG list if you want a "do anything" IG list.
If you buy 16+ last chancers, they count as TWO troops choice as well as your HQ choice, so you don't have to buy anything else. Plus the last chancers can be split up into five separate units, each separate unit can deepstrike or infiltrate. Also, you can have up 10 heavy weapon squads with BS 4, or you can run 20 Plasma Guns, or 20 Meltaguns, etc. Or you can be really sneaky and make four demolition charge "suicide" models and have the rest of your 16 or so guys sitting back with carapace armor and Plasma guns. Then fill out the rest of your army with whatever suits you. It's a great way to run a flexible, but expensive (points wise) IG army and not have to be laden down with running two infantry platoons.
Pretty much the Last Chancers is the most flexible army list in the game, since you can also add allies also.
BTW, the best part about the Lc'ers, is that as long as the Schaffer is alive, your squads auto-pass any morale or pinning tests!
BTW, last chancers are uber-expensive and always waste some of their potential, either cc, if equippted with ranged weaponary, or their BF if equippted with cc.