Sister Unit Size Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Sister Unit Size Question

Ok, I'm working on my first 1500 point list for an upcoming Tourney. Running SoB w/ the aid of an assassin. One rule for the tourney is that my majority points must be spent in troops (i.e. Troops have to be higher total point cost vs each of the other 4 categories.) I'm wondering if I should go with 2 Sister Forces of 14-16 Sisters each, or if I should break that down and go with 3 sister forces of 9-11 for the extra faith point.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, who the heck made the rule that a majority of points have to be spent on troops? A guard player?? Thats pretty unfair ro a lot of armies. Luckily your troops are very pts efficient. Take three squads with VSS if you need faith pts. 11 models is the optimal squad size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

LoL, yea I was kind of stunned too when I heard it. The guy running it said its to stop cheese, since some Armies can get really cheap troops (under 100 points to fill the 2 required squads) then beef up on their bigger units and those armies that need a min of 300+ in troops to fill the min req are a bit behind.

Though as you said it doesn't affect me too much since my sisters are good, be even better if I were playing my Speed Freak Orks since about 1200 points would be troops.

I just posted my WIP Army List for the Tourney, probably should have done that 1st instead of this post, sorry mods!

Thanks for the tip on 3 squads Hex!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

In 500pts I recommend feilding multiple squads of 10. The reason being is that in a tornament multiple squads will enable you to cover more ground and give you a wider access to the feild for your special weapons while that number of troops is also sufficent to remain resilient to on coming shots, deal a deadly amount of shots back and adaquate size for you to make use of terrain. Large squads will find them selves too big to hide behind terrain, thus odd models on the out skirts get picked off and small squad don't deal enough damage to effect the battle sufficently and suffer majourly to any casulties taken (Though this would be in reference of celestians, dominions etc as Sisters of Battle have to have a minimun of 10 models per squad).

In this sized points game you will also probably find feilding too larger squads mean you don't have much left in resources to concentrate on some of the other units you may want to incoorperate. The more squads of sufficent size you have the better your chances are of capturing objectives etc and for your opponent to need to pick different priority targets than concentrating most of his firepower to a single priority squad.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; December 12th, 2006 at 00:02.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread