messing around with guns.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

messing around with guns....

so im sat painting in my local gw when rich (the guy in charge) challenges me to a quick game, ive been painting for nearly 2 hours so i agree.
    but i have to follow one simple rule, my models have to number the same as his models, he has twenty, i can choose anything from any of the stores armies, i chose grey knight termies (gotta love twenty of em) he chose twenty last chancers with plasma guns and power fists. city fight, turn two. gets cose to my termies (so far he has lost two models only thanks to heavy cover) runs in to assault range and rapid fires plasma guns, and kill 14, yes 14 of my termies, in one go,i gave up......... anyone else got any amazingly beardy units they have palyed (dont neccesarily have to be game legal,

move aside manling this is dwarf work......

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, this obviously wouldn't have worked in a legal game, for the difference in points is ridiculous. if it's really just about having 20 models without considering the costs, i suppose that the last chancers are the 'best' unit. unless 20 models don't exclude tanks (20 leman russ, wohoo).

but i am really no fan of this. you could also play 20 carnifexes or tyrants, 20 waaghbosses, 20 talons, 20 wraithlords etc......
    "You'd never imagine how many people would like an electric chair hanging on their wall. Especially if it fits the colour of the wallpaper."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Hold on their now, last chancers beardy/cheesy because you couldn't beat them with grey knight terminators? You played a game with some 300-400 points more than him and all he had going was the fact that almost everyone in his army had plasma guns or weapons that denied you the terminator armour save in close combat. (Its not beardy, but all those last chancers with plasma weapons is incredibly unfluffy.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by snorri View Post
    anyone else got any amazingly beardy units they have palyed (dont neccesarily have to be game legal,
    I thought of a 16 man strong unit of Khorne Chosen, all with 2+ armour, t4(5) from their bikes, 5+ invunerable save and a 4+ feel no pain. This unit also contains 4 powerfists, 1 darkblade, 4 s5 lightning claws, 4 s5 axes of khorne and 3 s5 powerweapons. The entire unit has furious charge and frag grenades. All for a measily ~1300 points.

EDIT: Did the calculations a while ago, but don't have them anylonger, but I belive I counted that it would take 1350 boltershots to kill this unit, or 225 marines firing at 24". Of course, I am simply picking numbers out of memory, so I'm probably wrong.
    Last edited by Kaiser; December 12th, 2006 at 18:29.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread