Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Question

In any way shape or form is it possible to field a Basilisk with a base army of DH?

About a month ago I played someone who used a Basilisk and had a base army of DH, is this even possible. I know that if you had a base army of IG and allied with DH you could get the Inquisitor but can it work the other way around?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Nope. The options that you can induct from IG are listed in the DH codex midway through (don't have a page reference for you, unfortunately), and include several IG vehicles, but not the Basilisk.

If it was a large game you were playing with multiple detachments, I suppose it's possible he had one detachment of DH, and one of IG (not sure if this situation is legal, since I've never played a game this large). But in that situation, he would still essentially have one IG army and one DH army.

Sorry to say your opponent was either confused, or trying to pull a fast one :rolleyes:.

Cheers!

*Edit*
    The list can be found on pages 30 and 31 of the DH codex. =)
    *End Edit*

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; December 16th, 2006 at 20:12.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Hasten is right; you can make it seem like a DH army if you bring two squads of termies, and three squads of PAGKs, but you will still need the HQ and troops from the Guard and it will be an imperial guard army.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Thank You, next time I meet him for that thousand point game I'll have proof that he can't bring in that retched tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Thank You, next time I meet him for that thousand point game I'll have proof that he can't bring in that retched tank.
    If you ever have any doubts about someones list, it is the owner of the army who must prove to you that it is legal. You do not have to disprove it.

They should have along with their minis and complete army list (written, not just in their head) the codex and/or FAQ for every choice that they wish to include in the game.

And you should be able to do the same for your army if they have any questions.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

That is very much true, next time I play him I will first ask him to show me the rule where he can use the tank then I'll show him that he can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

It is very easy to play a base IG army and take a Basilisk, and still have lots of room for Grey Knights.

Take two squads of Grenadiers (your two troop choices) and a small HQ (5 man squad) and you are good to go for two Basilisks , 2 squads of PAGKs one FAGK squad and one squad of Termies.

Hows them apples?:w00t:

Edit: As a matter of fact, IMO one of the strongest lists you can take is such a list. Have a bunch of cheap long ranged firepower backing up your Grey Knight supermen and it is a tough list to beat.
    Last edited by Diggums Hammer; December 19th, 2006 at 02:38.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Only thing is this kid played a base DH army which made that Basilisk Illegal.

Would have been easier for him to just play the base IG and induct DH, seeing as the reason he wanted them was for Inquisitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    It is very easy to play a base IG army and take a Basilisk, and still have lots of room for Grey Knights.

Take two squads of Grenadiers (your two troop choices) and a small HQ (5 man squad) and you are good to go for two Basilisks , 2 squads of PAGKs one FAGK squad and one squad of Termies.

Hows them apples?:w00t:

Edit: As a matter of fact, IMO one of the strongest lists you can take is such a list. Have a bunch of cheap long ranged firepower backing up your Grey Knight supermen and it is a tough list to beat.
    That really is a solid list. I just wonder about a safe way to deepstrike--possibly add an elite inquisitor in a chimera, and use a Hero for the termies? I hate deepstriking without a telehomer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by nichodemus10 View Post
    That really is a solid list. I just wonder about a safe way to deepstrike--possibly add an elite inquisitor in a chimera, and use a Hero for the termies? I hate deepstriking without a telehomer.
    If it were me fielding this list, I don't think I'd deep strike at all -- just set up the FA and termies with the rest of the army. With some nasty, but fragile, vehicles in the rear, I'd think you'd need all the bodies you can get from turn 1 to act as a screen. Dunno though, it'd be an interesting list to play =)

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread