deep striking characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deep striking characters

hey ppl,

i no this has probably been discussed before but i did a search and couldnt find anything so im sorry if in starting an already posted question.

heres the question: if a space marine commander(chaplain, librarian etc....) lead a terminator comand squad does the commander also benefit from the deep striking any time whether the mission allows it or not rule. wasnt to sure with this and i would like to apologise again if this question has already been asked.

Farseer Bammo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Technically the whole squad can't deep-strike since he has to stay with it and all.

I think its stupid and let the termies teleport.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

if a space marine commander(chaplain, librarian etc....) lead a terminator comand squad does the commander also benefit from the deep striking any time whether the mission allows it or not rule.
    Any HQ model in terminator armor, may always deep strike, regardless of mission special rules, see the space marine FAQ.

He may also lead a terminator retinue.

If the Space marine HQ is not in terminator armor then he may not deep strike, nor may he lead a retinue of terminators. Therefore he cannot drop pod, for multiple reasons, but the most obvious is the minimum number of tactical terminators is 5, which is the maximum number of units allowed in a drop pod.

Note that if an HQ does deep strike by having terminator armor, he counts as his own squad, except when accompanied by a terminator retinue, and thus rolls and scatters separately. Needless to say, this can be dangerous, thus its advised you deep strike with a retinue, and probably inside a drop pod, since this is nearly a 400 points unit.

Peace

P.S. Ignore Lord Link :yes:
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Yeah my brother plays marines not me. I haven't bothered reading the FAQ.

Listen to Forged. :yes:
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread