Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have a big squad of seraphim in my army, and I hate the way the have little unexplained poles coming out of their feet. I have also considered the flying base idea, but I think half of the models look kinda unnatural like that. So I was wondering if anyone had found a way of making the seraphim look good without covering them in a ton of Green stuff and reposing all their limbs?
Black wire attached to the base the the section inbetween the model and the backpack can be an alternative. Because no one really sees the section concealed under the back pack you can do a shoddy job of attaching the wire and noone will ever know
With wire you can bend it to suit however you want the models posisitioned. You'll need some fairly sturdy wire though but you can easily find these at your local model or art shop, if not DIY shops like B&Q will have them.
I know this is a dead thread also, but i just posted some pics of an Exorcist conversion i did and remembered reading this thread a while back so thought i would show one of my Seraphim coming into land, I used cotton wool to show smoke and the clear bases used for the skimmers. I know the paint job isnt the best, still learning.......
Firstly Witch, never be worried about your paint job old mate, the biggest critic of any paint job thats done is usually the person that painted it. I would say just add some armour wash or a watered down black wash to the armour and a dark green wash to the cloaks to give them some depth, small touches can have big impacts. You'll pick up more skills quickly and if that conversion is what your doing now for a beginner then you are already ahead of the curve mate.
Secondly, I used jetbike bases for my Seraphs pretty much the same as you did. I drilled in to the bottom of the cloak and made it a nice fit so i didn't have to glue them, if you do that just be careful that when you remove it you don't snap it, although it is relatively easy to drill it out again.