Warrior IG? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior IG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warrior IG?

Has anyone ever thought of making an IG army with Warrior Weapons, Hardened Fighters, and Close Order Drill? It would be about... 4 pts extra per model, but they'd have +1 Initiative, WS, Attacks (because of 2 ccw's), and Leadership. You could give them a good amount of assault weapons, such as flamers or grenade launchers... and you could make up for the lack of heavy weaponry (sorta) with units attached to the HQ and TANKS!!! Maybe some sentinals, too, because they benefit from Hardened Fighters, as well.

What do people think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we've all contemplated such a list at one time or another. It however turns a 60-point basic squad to a 100-pointer with the same 5+ and T3. It also requires B2B contact for the CoD bonus which can leave them flattened by any Blast.

Cheap CC horde they ain't. That'd go to the Conscripts.

Now I don't recall if you can combine this with Drop Troops. Because if so then they may have a chance (through sheer volume) of not having to slog their way across a battlefield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Probably not a good idea. Their save is still the same and they will still be dieing fast. So not really worth the extra 40 points. You could get another full squad out of two of those. I think I would rather have the full squads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marwynn View Post
    Now I don't recall if you can combine this with Drop Troops. Because if so then they may have a chance (through sheer volume) of not having to slog their way across a battlefield.

Unfortunately, no, you can't combine them with Drop Troops... although you CAN let them infiltrate with Light Infantry.

Also, if you really wanted to, you could make the last doctrine be Priests, so that when you DO charge into cc, you get to re-roll those all-important Hits. They're expensive, but then again, this probably wouldn't be a competitive army, just one that has fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, there goes my dream of throwing some near-Feral "recruits" out of perfectly good Valkyries. But you know Light Infantry might be cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marwynn View Post
    Aww, there goes my dream of throwing some near-Feral "recruits" out of perfectly good Valkyries. But you know Light Infantry might be cool.
    Yeah, and you could probably do Close Order Drill a bit more easily with infiltrate than deep strike. You could maybe give them some assault weapons, like I said before... you know, I'm starting to like this. Later tonight I'll post an army list for 1500 points of infiltrating IG warriors! Just not now, I'm lazy and don't want to get up and look for my IG codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

A CC horde IG army has been tried several times. None have been effective at all. Any type of army with large assault elements will tear yout to pieces. Any type of high volume fire army will shoot you to pieces. If your in it for the fluffyness go right ajead but dont expect to win to many games. An IG army with 2 mass conscript platoons meant for cc would be fun though =). If your gonna do it though, defenantly take some rough riders and consider some storm troopers as well as the pimped out command squad with a power weapon heoric senior officer, 4 flamers, oresit with firce weapon and honorifica as well as the powerfist commissar. It packs alot of suprising punch and i have seen that one squad turn games.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

You have to look at it compared to another hoard army - Orks.

For 9pts you get a Sluggy boy with +1 Toughness, WS 4, +1 Attack and I4 when he Waaaagghs. His Choppa also brings down all 2+ and 3+ saves to a 4+. This is way superior to a Warrior Weapon IG man with all the doctrine upgrades that actually costs more!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if anyone wants to take a look, I posted an IG warrior army in the army list section. Check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If warrior weapons didnt cost anything I would take them. But thats just me.
    In the rule book, on page 5, it says:
    "The most important rule about playing games of Warhammer 40K is to have fun!"

+ Reply to Thread