Including IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Including IG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Including IG

Okay my base army is Witch Hunters, with no sisters in it, An inquisition style to it, but I like tanks and I like the Leman Russ.

So, haven't gotten my IG codex yet but I'm going to get that and a box of IG troops soon. Within the next week. With just one box would 20 models be enough to run 2 platoons of infantry, I plan to upgrade these to Armoured Fist Squads after I have enough money for 2 Chimeras. So I don't want to have to buy more then is necessary as far as the troops are concerned. So would I be running one Platoon w/two squads of troops or would it be one big squad until I got the Chimeras?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

You may as well save a few dollars and grab an IG battleforce, assuming you'll want heavy weapons in your AF.

20 models aren't even enough to form a platoon. You'll need to assemble a command squad in addition to those models in order to form one legal platoon. You will then need to double that in order to form the two platoons required to unlock the Leman Russ. (short version, you'll need to have 50 models in order to use the tank)

If you don't really want to have all the excess troops, jr officers, etc for an IG army later, it's better to just cough up for the two chimeras now.

edit:

Technically, you could squeeze a complete legal platoon out of the troops in the battleforce (20 cadians and 3 heavy weapons teams) if you used all three heavy weapons teams and converted a regular guardsman into a Jr Officer.
    Last edited by InquisitorAffe; January 7th, 2007 at 07:46. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

So without the Chimeras I don't have anything except 20 Guardsmen. Joy, well guess I'll get a Chimera first, it won't hurt to have another transport till I get enough to field 2 Armoured Fist squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

If really all you want in the end is two AF and a Leman, and can't afford it all up front, my purchase plan would be:

Phase 1: 1 Chimera, box of guardsmen, 1 heavy weapon team

Phase 2: 1 Chimera, 1 heavy weapon team

Phase 3: Tank

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Actually thats not as cost effective as Chimera, Chimera, Battle box and then Heavy Weapons Team. And meanwhile I use the Chimeras to transport my ISTs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

no, it's not as cost effective, just gets IG units into your army gradually as you're able to accumulate them.

The battle force has 3 heavy weapons in it. All you need is 2 chimeras and the battleforce if you go that way! (which is what I did)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Okay I just drop a heavy weapons team, mind you I don't yet have access to a IG codex so I am unable to see whats required for squads, etc. And you didn't directly say 2 Chimeras and the Battle box, it'll still be cost effective to me anyways as I've got a discount at the shop that I go to. But in general I'm just going to get the IG when I have the money while still adding to the WH side of my army.

+ Reply to Thread