A couple of quick questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of quick questions

Just a couple of quick questions that came out my recently games, Blood Angels (me) vs Iron Hands.

1) Is a Land Raider taken as transport for a termantor assault squad still classed as a heavy support choice?

2) With reference to the "Know no fear" special rule, lets say I get charged and lose combat, fail my morale check, fall back and am allowed to re-group using the "Know no fear" (no enemy in 6" etc). Can i use my Heavy weapons in my shooting phase or am I considered to have moved?

Thanks (rep always dished out for help!)

"Here dead lie we because we did not choose to live and shame the land from which we sprung. Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose; but young men think it is, and we were young."
    A. E. Housman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

1 - No it dosnt count as a heavy support choice, its just a upgrade for the squad in the same way as a rhino would be.

2 - Im not 100% but i would say that they could fire there heavy weapons as its the start of a whole new turn and they haven't had the chance to move yet.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

1) No - if a vehicle is purchased under the transport entry on a units section, then it does not fill any other slots, it is possible for example to take 3 Land raiders as HS choices, and a further 3 as transporrs for terminator elite slots and 2 more fore trminator HQ slots (unless you are deathwing in which case you can get 17 land raiders on the field

2) Assuming you did not move dureing your movement phase then you can shoot heavy weapons
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Remember that a transport is not a scoring unit, which has advantages and disadvantages.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Not a whole lot to add here, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by King_Nerd View Post
    1) Is a Land Raider taken as transport for a termantor assault squad still classed as a heavy support choice?
    As Cheredanine said, if a squad lists any vehicle as a transport option, and you purchase it with that squad, then it comes as part of that squad's FOC slot, and does not take up any other. However, when purchased this way it can only carry the squad it was purchased with, whereas one purchased separately, using a HS slot, can carry any unit.

2) With reference to the "Know no fear" special rule, lets say I get charged and lose combat, fail my morale check, fall back and am allowed to re-group using the "Know no fear" (no enemy in 6" etc). Can i use my Heavy weapons in my shooting phase or am I considered to have moved?
    Read the rules for ATSKNF under the "special rules" section of the BGB…umm…around page 74 if memory serves. The rule explains it. The rule says they can move and fire normally after regrouping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. That's why I love this forum, job done in a couple of hours. Rep dished.
    "Here dead lie we because we did not choose to live and shame the land from which we sprung. Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose; but young men think it is, and we were young."
    A. E. Housman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar View Post
    Remember that a transport is not a scoring unit, which has advantages and disadvantages.
    Actually I do believe that if you consult the Space Marine Codex on p.35 you will find that they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

This is one of the biggest advantages to SM. When you regroup you act as if you've never fallen back in a previous turn. If you read the last sentence on pg 74 of the BGB in the "And They Shall Know No Fear" entry it says they do not count as moving after regrouping. So to answer your question directly, you regroup and choose to move as normal or sit and shoot a heavy weapon.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Land Raiders are, since they're just that nasty.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

The Land Raider is, however immune to this crappy rule.
    EDIT: The drake beat me to it.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast