Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
How does this item work? Seems like it's kind of pointless as the only time you need the +1 to your roll is when you tie... and when you tie you actually get -1... so how does the emperor's tarot work?
you first say you have the tarot. then you both roll a dice be for deployment then if you tie it is a -1 to your roll if not you get a +1 to deside weather you go first so you roll it then you roll the dice to see who goes first
When it works, it makes you more likely to be the one choosing to go first or second.
This is a good thing.
Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.Originally Posted by amishcellphone
ok, so if got this right... first you roll to see if you get + to the real roll? ie, first both players roll for the tarot... on a tie you get -1, otherwise a +1? then you roll to see who goes first, and add/subtract from your result? what if you get another tie here?
also if i'm understanding this correctly, this means that the tarot has a chance of giving you +1 for 83.333~% chance. further this would mean that your chance to win increased to 58.333~% on the "who goes first roll"? Though at th same time, 16.666~% of the time it becomes 41.666~%... meaning the actual increase to you win probability is less than 8.333~% (6.944%.. something like that? i DID fail statistics though so...)... is a 7% increased chance to go first worth 15 points (of course unless my math is wrong, which it likely is...)?
the tarot does only activets on the first roll so if you tie with 5's depending on weather you got the + or not is who wins.
me and my opponent are rolling off for the tarot
i get a 1 and he gets a 6 they are diffrent so i get the +1
so we deploy yata yata yata and then we roll to see who goes first i get another 1 (i always do on who goes first -.- and he gets a 1 also since i won the tarot i when with a 2 and he has a 1 if i had lost i would lose with a 0 and he has a 1.
hope this helps
The Emperors Tarot is a great addition to an army with only a few models because it is possible to lose some valuable units in the first turn of shooting without being able to return fire... especially Drednaughts!
Without the emperors tarot, each player (if there are only two players) has a 42% chance of winning the roll to go first and they share a 17% chance of a draw to force a reroll.
Now, with the emperors tarot you have a 5/6 chance to increase the probability of winning the roll to go first to 58%. Your opponent will only have 28% chance of winning the roll and you each share 14% chance to reroll (the second roll).
So you increase your likelyhood of winning the roll to go first by 16% AND your opponent loses 14% chance of winning the roll. Therefore, you have a net gain of 30% probability to win the roll for first turn.
Now, if you do roll a draw on the first (ET) roll, you still have a 28% chance of winning the roll to go first.
Oh yeah... if you tie the second roll (the roll to go first), eg you roll 4 (+1 mod =5) and he rolls a 5, you just re roll as normal with the modifier from the first roll (+1). Continue to re roll until someone wins.
Last edited by Plasma Catcher; January 21st, 2007 at 12:47.
It's worth a krak!
woah... +30% is actually a very sweet deal.
I will take the emperors tarot when I have points left over and I always try to take it when I have allied IG. All of those guns can massacre my oponent in that first turn and really tip the scales of the battle.
It also eensures that your CC orientated enemies will take one more turn of shooting before they can assault you (or you assault them). Always good.
EDIT: I should also point out that you only increase the likelyhood of winning by 30% if you dont tie the first roll.
If you include the 1/6 chance of a tie then the odds are: WIN= 53%, LOSE=33%, DRAW=14%.
So, those points will buy you a 20% increased chance of winning the roll than your opponent... its no garauntee though.
Last edited by Plasma Catcher; January 23rd, 2007 at 14:08.
It's worth a krak!