DA Chaplain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DA Chaplain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA Chaplain

i know this kinda irrelevant as the new codex will be out soon, but with the DA faq, it says that all heroes must buy stubborn. a chaplain is fearless, which is a better quality stubborn. do i have to buy stubborn for a chaplain? and if i do does it replace fearless?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules are conflicting and I can only suggest that you use a chaplain normally and without buying stubborn. A chaplain costs a set amount of points for what he comes with and you already have to buy termie honours anyway.

I dont think that they would charge a few more points for a lesser skill, they probably forgot about the chaplains skill and were thinking about commanders or librarians instead. Hope that helps.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Most people aren't picky about this rule.

It does say in the DA FAQ that characters must buy stubborn, but it also says that you use the characters as displayed in the Space Marines codex. So, that would lead me to believe that he'd be used as fearless.

Since they're both just about the same thing, most people will let you get away with just fearless, as it won't make much difference in game play. So if you want to be safe, then just buy stubborn, but if not, then ask others how they feel about it, then make your decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

An unoffical FAQ by Pete Haines on the B+C stated that the Chaplain did NOT have to buy Stubborn as Fearless did the same thing.

Cheers
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

+ Reply to Thread