imagifer and 1000pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imagifer and 1000pt list

is buying and using one of these useful? and im making a 1000 pt list for for a tournament what should i have and im willing to purchase new stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Hmmm well I don't really see them as useful as you often pass your faith tests in a squad of 10 sisters quite easily, units like Seraphim count as pretty much having one automatically with the inclusion of a Veteran Superior. Imagifies do look nice in your elite units like celestians as it gives them a sense of importance, mainly fluff wise anyways.

My vote is they arn't needed.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The only squad that I give them to quite often is my HB Retributor squad... They are expensive with 4 HBs, and so if I do hit, I want those AP1 hits to happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with Heiromyo on this its points better spent elsewhere, and not worth bothering with in 1000 pts.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

I thought long and hard about getting an imagifer for my retribs and decided against it.

I hate to swing a big fat mathhammer and crush an awesome looking and fluffy model that i like to put on the table too.

But in the hopes that one day imagifers will be updated in some way, I will!

Consider: 6 retributors with an imagifer vs 8 retributors. Difference in cost: 2 points

Odds of passing DG with 6 + imagifer 68%
    Odds of passing DG with 8 sisters 72%

6 retribs take a wound, I either give up an HB, reduce my next DG attempt to 18% or martyr my VSS and give up acts of faith altogether.

8 retribs take a wound, all 4 HBs keep firing and my next DG test is 58%. Of course I still can martyr the VSS if I need a faith point back.

For 2 pts difference? not to mention more bolter fire if someone gets in your face. The only pro-imagifer argument is wanting the dedicated immolator, or if there are 10 models in the squad already and I have points to burn. (and she's an awesome model)

(she does become more attractive in a really big squad since she reduces the chance of that 12 from 1/36 to 1/216, but still, imagifers are too expensive!)

+ Reply to Thread