Modeling Terminator honors? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modeling Terminator honors?

How do you signify a unit/character has terminator honors on the model?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slamfu View Post
    How do you signify a unit/character has terminator honors on the model?
    The little cross thing with the skull in the middle.

That is the crux terminatus. That is the mark of terminator honours.

Older models in the old tactical dreadnought armour used to have it on their shoulder pad.

Several metal characters will wear it as a medallion or on their belt.

LOOK

So you could stick in on your model, and that should be fine.

I'd recommend sticking it on his forehead, or over one of his eyes.

You could also do him having dropped it and searching for it in some giblets.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Traditionally, in the codex, it mentions that the helmets would be painted white or red to signify that the model is a veteran.

But, most people are content in that Terminator Honors doesn't really have to be modelled.

If it continues to bug you, maybe you could make the amour a little extra fancy.

Its up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Generally T-honors tends to be 'default' modelled by the fact the given vet-sergeant looks beefier or has stuff he couldn't have otherwise.

A powerfist? He's got t-honors.
    An auspex? He's got t-honors.
    A terminator sergeant...erm, lets not get into that again.

I think the biggest place where it comes up is with IC, and most non-Marine players I talk to in real life, seem to think that all our ICs have it be default since 'He's company commander, he sure as hell better be considered high enough to use terminator armor.'

If someone's being a rank WYSIWYG hardass though, I have no real recourse to suggest other then trying to add some terminator-honors bling like an earlier poster mention. But given the amount of detail on your average chaplain model (Guys are like freaking Mr. T with all the chains), or all of the 'gold' on a captain, or the assorted stuff on a librarian, I don't think it'd be that hard to justify.

The command squad sprue comes with a terminator sergeant shoulder-piece. I know at least one other sprue comes with something similar. (And of course, all vet sergeant metals have the crux terminatus somewhere).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can just be painted on the proper shoulder and/or other various parts of the armor (like the knee plate)... with Veteran Squads typically using a Crux symbol as their unit signifier (compared to the X thingy for Assault Squads, and the arrow thing for Tactical Squads, and so on) if the Veterans aren't wearing the big stone or little metal Crux symbol, that is. (The red/white helmet stuff is another Veteran issue, as Adrian said... with Veteran Sergeants using a red helmet with a white stripe to denote their vet status).

As stated, the Commander sprue comes with the big stone Terminator-style shoulder Crux & a smaller metal-type badge Crux. Commanders can also bear their own heraldry, not just the Crux on the shoulder... so using the smaller Crux and/or painting a Crux symbol on their armor is probably the better way to go. Then you can "save" the shoulder Crux for a specially armed Sergeant.

If you are interested in Space Marine heraldry (especially the Ultramarines), then you might be interested in the "Insignium Astartes" book... with a little more info on the Crux Terminatus & other heraldry, such as the Iron Halo & the Iron Skull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

If you need several of the T.Honor shoulder padds you might want to invest in the command squad sprue. There are quite a few of them on it as well as other useful little bits and pieces.
    Shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread