My Idea For A Rougly 1850 Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright guys after much analysis this is what I've come up with my list I think I'll create for the DH. toughest choices were trying to figure out for a Grand Master or an inquisitor, but i think i'll be going with both actually, although i'm wondering about trading in the GM for a brother captain. another tough choice was the assassin, vindicare or callidus. a 2000 point list would be this list but just addding more gk's. also it was REAL hard to decide what to put on the inquisitor

HQ
    GK Grand Master
    Holy relict
    Teleport homer -
    Retinue 3 terms, one w incinerator

Inquisitor lord
    Lightning claws
    Artificer armor
    Refractor field
    2 Combat servitor
    familiar
    acolyte w/ storm shield
    acolyte w. power armor
    two mystics
    hammerhand

rhino – w smoke launchers and extra amor -

Troops:

1 Justicar, 3 GK’s, 2 GK’s w psycannons

10 Inquisitor stormtroopers
    veteran with plasma pistol, power fist, melta bombs
    2 melta guns
    Rhino transport w/ smoke launchers and extra armor

Elite

Callidus

Fast Attack

1 justicar, 3 GK’s, 2 GK w incinerators

Heavy support

LRC
    Smoke launchers, , psycannon bolts

Dreadnought – TLLC, incinerator, blessed, extra armor –

okay, basic strategy, we're good at CC so use the transports to get us there. LRC and rhino with inquisitor fly up, GK squad on foot come sup behind. LRC is carrying termies Stormtroopers are sent to take out any tank. dread comes up on a flank for supporting fire while callidus is droped in somewhere to cause trouble.

at one point the LRc pulls up to the enemy line, ripping fire with those wonderfull hurricane bolters, the terms pop out of the LRC, the inquisitor pops out of the rhino. they use the vehicles as cover. the fast attack squad jumps in behind them. incinerators and bolters fire into the line, the vehicles move out of the way and the inquisitor, terms and fast attack squad jump into the line.

what do you guys think?

i'll be posting this on the army list forum too, thanks guys

Live life Dangerously

<a href='http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529' target='_blank'>http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off - the GM cannot have a teleport homer, give it to the Inquisitor or the IST sarge

second - artificer armor and refractor is 25 pts - why not just give him terminator armor for 20 pts? same exact saves 2+/5+ and lightning claws will model better on a terminator

the mystics might be out of place in a CC retinue - but I guess you are wanting to have the ability to tell the LRC or some other close unit to shoot at deepstrikers or summoned daemons - might reconsider hierophants or a warrior with a meltagun or more acolytes or something more geared to the CC squad you are trying for

I would give the DSing unit of GKs psycannons instead of incinerators because they will probably deviate and may end up out of range for the incin. then the next turn they will take alot of fire and in a squad that small you may have to kill off the incins in order to maintain CC ability - the psycannons will have range no matter if you deviate or not and could take out something big like a tank or heavy squad

if this is a tournament army the blessed upgrade on the DN migfht be useless

absolutely do not trade the GM for a brother captain - the force weapon is too potent to lose and the wounds are worth the points - the GM rocks - leave the brocaps to elite choices

these are of course only my opinions based on the games I have played and things may work out better for you the way you have it - have you had a chance to play test it yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More GKs (more fast attack)&#33;
    so...
    If you want to keep the LRC, and I understand why - then lose the Inquisitor and Assassin, the&#39;re great but more GKs are much better.

Inquisitors are not better than GKs in CC. Especially if you average WS of the Retuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You&#39;re wasting way too many points on inquisitor and retinue, more GKs will bring better results...
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/henry13.gif&quot;
    align=left&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/index.html&quot;&gt;
    I adopted a cute lil&#39; poison fetus
    from Fetusmart&#33; Hooray fetus&#33; &lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm yah your right about the two mystics, adn i&#39;m thinking about all your suggestions to tool down the inquisitor, but i&#39;m hesitant to get rid of him. if i change the inquisitor to a small but slightly shooty one how&#39;s that? and keep the two mystics, 12 points for that ability is priceless.

the GM can&#39;t have a teleport homer?

so my question if i tool down and change the purpose of the inquisitor is, how can i make the GM even more impossible to kill, cuz i want one unit like that.

and i wasn&#39;t going for the terminator armor on the inquisitor because i wanted him able to be in a rhino...but if i make him shooty i might get rid of the rhino, also i&#39;m thinking of loosing the power fist on the strom vet
    Live life Dangerously

<a href='http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529' target='_blank'>http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lighting claws is wasted points on an inquistor your only str 3 mate your wont wound a guard reliably with that let alone a marine or a demon.

take either a daemon hammer or the psychic power hammerhand.

my hand to hand retinue has lord with daemonhammer/digital wep/holocaust, 3 acolytes with storm shields, 2 pfist servitors, 2 heirophants, 2 familiars.

heirophants and familiars are only their for extra wounds.

toss em in a raider or a rhino to get them in cc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand-Masters absolutely CAN have a Teleport Homer. You can give them to any and as many GK characters, Inquisitors, ST Veterans, or even Acolytes as you&#39;d like.

The benefits from Termie Army you would get (Deep Striking, move and fire Heavy Weapons), make it worth it. Why not bring an Acolyte with a Storm Shield and one with Artificer Armor? Best of both worlds.

Closed Thread