Just for a laugh... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for a laugh...

...has anyone ever tried a Leman Russ Demolisher with Hull HB and Plasma Sponsons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Hmm. I suppose it would be the same price as a lascannon/heavy bolter combination, and it might even be more effective in general.

Could be a decent idea. Nonetheless, I think I'll still stick with the 3 heavy bolters on mine.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a good combo i mean 2 plasma cannon shots can definatly take down some of them annoying termies and other heavy armoured troops and the heavy bolter is kind of like a back up if the plasma's didnt do their job. but im a big fan of using the turret i dont use the excess guns much not unless ther's nothing worth ordanancing.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I wouldn't agree, the disadvantage of slapping 2 plasma cannons on a Demolisher is that it can't move and fire both. If it's going to be a stationary firebase then you might as well spend the 5 points and give it some extra high strength AP2.

The only situation where it would benefit you would be if you were driving around firing 1 plasma cannon all the time, which wouldn't be particularly effective when its only single shot BS3 unfortunately. If I was driving around I would rather just take 3 heavy bolters and get many more shots for less points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not actually planning on doing it myself either ( opting for the lascannon instead of the HB in the hull slot ) but I was just curious if anyone had actually done it.
    Really just a theoryhammer question, but I got thinking about it and wanted to ask around.

+ Reply to Thread