Modelling advice on a Techmarine - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Modelling advice on a Techmarine

I'm new here, but my Space Marines are the Iron Hands chapter. That means my HQ consists of a Techmarine in nearly all my games. Currently sitting around 2000 points with them. Generally I keep them as a balanced army, mixture of shooting and assault with the balance tilting depending on who I'm playing (I never play in tournaments).

Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out how to put a jetpack on my Techmarine. If anyone has any ideas please post them. He has a full servo-harness and fitting any kind of thruster on it seems impossible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will be a very tough conversion to pull off. I think you may have the best success by adapting the Jump-pack to accept the servo-harness arms instead of trying to put turbines onto the servo-harness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

It is tru, that it is probably easier to attach the servoarms to the jump pack compared to the other way around.

But since you are trying to do a model that is totally non-standard (it is the first time I hear of anyone attemtpingt his) don't let yourself be restricted by the standard equipment.

You could try to stick a rocket or several rockets to the back of the servoharness. Or you could try some kind winged aparatus. Or you could wait two more months for the Lord of the Ravenwing and use that model as a basis. There is no need to make it look like a jumppack at all. Simply tell your opponent that the model "counts as" a model with servo harness and jumppack.

Only your imagination and converting skills are the limit.
    Shut up and play.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Perhaps some Mechanical wings would look sick (like 4 of them!) if you could pull it off.

Or you could get the engine bits off the jump packs, and then attach 4 of those to back of the servo harness.

Something unqiue and freaky/arcane/cool I'm thinking. Hope that helps.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air plane marine? like buzz light year or metal wings and turbines? Or something like boba/jango fett from star wras =P .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Wings might not be a bad idea, but I'd prefer some turbine type things since I'm teaming him up with an assault squad. Putting the limbs on a jetpack would make a lot of sense.

The model is so busy already that fitting them on seems impossible, the only open space is on his chest and I don't think a front-mounted jetpack would be a good idea.

I'm kinda surprised that I've never heard of this before, makes me wonder if it's even legal since it makes for a really nasty assault model. I tend to give him terminator honours and replace his bolter with a bolt pistol for the extra attack. I just played a game where I used the idea (but haven't been able to convert the miniature yet), he was devastating.

Maybe after this I'll see about a Terminator Techmarine just for kicks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagliacci View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that I've never heard of this before, makes me wonder if it's even legal since it makes for a really nasty assault model. I tend to give him terminator honours and replace his bolter with a bolt pistol for the extra attack. I just played a game where I used the idea (but haven't been able to convert the miniature yet), he was devastating.
    There's been quite a debate about whether a techmarine can take a jump pack. The confusion stems from a GW message board post by someone in authority saying that a Techmarine with full servo harness couldn't take a jump pack, terminator armour or a bike. The thread has disappeared and there has been no official ruling in a faq or codex so many consider it a loop hole. I think it's a great idea. I personally run mine with assault terminators in an LRC and give him lightning claws.

I think your best bet will be to attatch the arms to a jump pack. Maybe you should look into using the Chaos Raptors jump pack bits (search on GW website for these part #'s: 9947010207111, 9947010207112, 9947010207113). I think it would give you more space to hook the arms on to and on top of that they look cooler (IMO) than the SM jet packs.

Just thought of something else as well. If you have access to a dremel tool and feel creative you maybe able to take the raptors jetpack and carve out the underside so it fits over the backpack of the techmarine. It would be a lot of work, but with a lot of carving and some green stuff you maybe able to fit the backpack into the harness. This all depends on the size of the raptors backpack.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I think that this could make for a very interesting conversion.

1: Simply attach arms to a standard jump pack.

2: Mechanical Angels wings

3: Attach rockets to the Tech Backpack.

Personally, as an anime fan (I'm looking at you, Yoss, too.), I'd like to see the mechanical angels wings.

What you could do to create these I suppose would be to take the wings from the St. Celestine model, and GS some servos and other mechanical bits on them. Or, simply scratch build a set of wings, which would look equally sweet.

Let us know what you are thinking of doing.

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

You can also consider making jump-pack appendages (maybe rockets of some sort) on his ankles and feet. Or take the tau jump pack appendages and try using those instead.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    Personally, as an anime fan (I'm looking at you, Yoss, too.), I'd like to see the mechanical angels wings.

What you could do to create these I suppose would be to take the wings from the St. Celestine model, and GS some servos and other mechanical bits on them. Or, simply scratch build a set of wings, which would look equally sweet.
    there are also the old Necromunda Yeld Spirer's wings. Part code: 9947059903006

Games Workshop US Online Store
    Shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast