imperial citizens - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imperial citizens

hi all,

i had an idea for an IG army. the fluff is sort of like this: hive city world, being overun, not enough IG men to do the job so they recruit the poulace,(conscripts) but don't give them proper equipment because of no money and time.

basically, i want to convert conscrips that look like imperial citzens holding lasguns.

i can take the lasgun arms from the cadian box and chop it off at the hands, but i have no idea what to do for the bodies.

the main problem is: what do imperial citizens look like anway!

please give me some ideas on how to convert these and more importantly what they look like!

brendino

BOW TO ME!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the answer to that question really depends on the nature of the planet that the citizenry is being drawn from. Citizens of the lower hives of Necromunda or Armageddon would definitely be different than the citizens of Attila or Cadia. What planet are you drawing your citizenry from?

-Felix

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The Necromunda range would be a good place to start, but I do not know if they are a smaller scale than 40k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Bear in mind that a lot of imperial citizens will own their own guns, even if they're just crude slugrifles or autoguns. Although the autogun does have stats somewhere, I see no problem with proxying lasguns for autoguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The necromunda models are technically the same scale as 40k models, but they are older and there has been a "size creep" over time. Just don't use juves.

I think a catachan/cadian mix works pretty well. These are the guys who literally are just wearing wifebeaters and cargo pants and get thrown into battle against nids/csm/necrons or something equally horrible. Very iconic.

As for what imperial citizens look like, they can look like pretty much *anything*. There are millions of worlds in the Imperium, and chances are that one looks pretty close to whatever you had in mind. Make something up!

By the way, care to share which doctrines you plan on using? Conscripts obviously, what else?

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

D'oh, how could I forget Catachans.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraneaux
    I think a catachan/cadian mix works pretty well.
    I second this statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As for doctrines.. maybe abhuman slave levies or subs.. to represent the mutant underclass getting dragged in to die with the rest. That, and I love the rules for them.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

The Necromunda range would be a good place to start, but I do not know if they are a smaller scale than 40k.
    Same scale, completely interchangeable.

In fact, a mate of mine who works at the local GW is making an army entirely from necromunda models. In game fluff, hive militia in the last war for Armageddon were pressed/hired from the hordes of gangs running around in the deeps, and necromunda models would be perfect for such an army.

The necromunda models are technically the same scale as 40k models, but they are older and there has been a "size creep" over time. Just don't use juves.
    The size creep thing is probably quite true, but why wouldn't you use juves? Just tell people that they are 12 to 16 year olds forced to join the fighting too. Like in The Two Towers, anyone strong enough to pull a trigger probably would be doing so.
    Cheerful prospect eh?

Bear in mind that a lot of imperial citizens will own their own guns, even if they're just crude slugrifles or autoguns. Although the autogun does have stats somewhere, I see no problem with proxying lasguns for autoguns.
    Autoguns have exactly the same stats as lasguns. So proxying would be just fine!

In fact, the new renegade chaos militia from forgeworld all seem to be armed with autoguns, and they would be using the normal IG codex.

P.S I gotta stop using the words 'in fact'. Firstly, I'm repeating myself, and secondly I sound like I'm trying to be all high 'n mighty. Sorry!
    Last edited by Cadaver Junkie; January 29th, 2007 at 05:08. Reason: smacking myself down to size! :)
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant don't use juves and swap out arms/heads etc with other models as the size won't match up. Juves on their own make great conscripts.

+ Reply to Thread