Ven Dread question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ven Dread question

A friend of mine uses his Ven. Dread to re-roll the dice to go first. I can't find where in the SM codex it says he can do this. Is this true or is he cheating me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCage View Post
    A friend of mine uses his Ven. Dread to re-roll the dice to go first. I can't find where in the SM codex it says he can do this. Is this true or is he cheating me?
    Does your friend play Space Wolves? I don't, and don't have the codex but I'm pretty sure that Bjorn the Fell Handed (I think that is his name) allows you a re-roll to go first. but that is a special ability of this one named unit (that is an HQ FYI) NOT an ability of dreadnoughts in general.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It is a general rule for Space Wolf venerable dreadnoughts, no one else's. Venerable Dreadnoughts in codex: Space Marines do not have that special rule.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    It is a general rule for Space Wolf venerable dreadnoughts, no one else's. Venerable Dreadnoughts in codex: Space Marines do not have that special rule.
    Really? All Space Wolf Ven's get it? I had always assumed it was just Bjorn, but I guess it was only becuase the one time I played against a Space Wolf Dread it was him. Good to know for future reference.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    Really? All Space Wolf Ven's get it? I had always assumed it was just Bjorn, but I guess it was only becuase the one time I played against a Space Wolf Dread it was him. Good to know for future reference.
    I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Bjorn has any special rules. At least not for this edition. *shrugs*

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

*Glances at Space Wolf Codex* Yup. All ven dreads get it. It's their special ability called "old and wise". There's your confirmation. Happy gaming!
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake28 View Post
    I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Bjorn has any special rules. At least not for this edition. *shrugs*
    2nd Edition Bjorn had some special rules, but then again, 2nd Edition was...special.

Actually, Bjorn(2nd ed.) was basically a Ven. Dread.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Basically the last Space Wolf Codex to come out didn't have a Dreadnought as a special character so they did the Space Wolf "venerable dreadnought" to take as HQ or ELITE but not both and ONLY ONE can be taken. Has boosted WS and BS as well. I load mine with upgrades it's awesome! That's part of the character and charm of the Space Wolves. they have one HQ for every 750points (rounding up).

In a 1501point army you can have 3 customizable HQ characters , an elite space wolf "venerable dreadnought", an Iron Priest independent character, and every squad could be with a wolf guard pack leader who has access to the space wolf armoury! then there's the hidden power weapons and powerfists... special wargear... special rules.... space wolves rock!
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

+ Reply to Thread