Justicars can get Psycannons? CA Errata v 1.0 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    INQ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justicars can get Psycannons? CA Errata v 1.0

ok i just happened to come across the chapter aproved codex daemonhunters q&a v1.0... i dono where i got it so i can't link it and i dono if i'm allowed to upload it, but if you have access to it, page 4, first question it asks "Q. Are Psycannons legal for Justicars/Grey Knight Heroes?
    A. Yes indeed (see the Terminology note on page 20)." (cope and pasted).

until now every "can justicars carry psycannon" thread seems to have said "no", but this seems to contradict that... i'm confused. is this an old version or something? has there been a change? we all knew grey knight heroes could wield psycannons for the longest time, no big deal, but justicars being allowed to carry psycannons is a pretty big deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link

Here's the link found at the Aussie GW site

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...untersqav2.pdf

Although I have a feeling that won't stop the debate about Justicars and Psycannons

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

[shrug] I remember finding that a few months ago myself, and getting all excited. But what I also noticed is that there is no way (that I can find, anyway) to access that Q&A through available links. You have to dig directly to that URL, there's no way to navigate to it through the website. Furthermore, of all the GW websites around the planet, only the OZ site still has that anywhere on its servers.

Like a lot of things with this poor red-headed stepchild of an army, everything is left up in the air because GW just can't seem to find the time to offer up definitive rules clarifications in official documenetation. Which leaves us only with common sense and circumstantial evidence. Pathetic. And intolerable. Especially considering how strongly players and GW seem to be pushing strict "RAW" crapola down our throats, so much so that it often gets in the way of playing the darned game.

Anyway, circumstantially -- and "RAW"ly -- I think this Q&A is no longer valid. It isn't part of the currently official FAQs or Chapter Approved, and the specific answer cited flatly contradicts RAW in the codex. So I would say that this Q&A -- and everything in it -- should be disregarded.

Meaning: Justicars can't change their weaponry for any reason.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Heh, I know, I've seen that same document. Weird. Personally, I figured it was an older version, and I honestly wasn't sure how official it was. It seemed like an errata for one particular tournament, which would hardly over-ride the wording of the codex, which is fairly explicit.

Regardless, I'm still firmly against giving psycannons to justicars. Sure, it seems nifty to have a purgation squad all toting them, but you'd be paying something on the order of 80+ points for him. Pretty steep for a few extra shots, especially when you compare that to adding in an elite =][= with psycannon. Also, having several strength _ power weapon attacks at normal initiative guarding your investment from deep strikers and assorted nasties such as Lictors is no bad thing.

Eh, that's my take anyways.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i've just found out that justicars can take psycannons!!

Firstly, the codex says that grey knights in power armour may only select stuff from the wargear list, not the weapons lists. So first of all give the justicar artificer armour or carapace armour from the wargear list. Than you can take a psycannon from the weapons list because he is no longer in power armour!!

Anyways, i'm pretty sure that it works...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Hrrmm, that seems a bit of a dodge, but I guess it does avoid that bit of RAW wording. I was under the impression that Justicars were permitted to purchase any wargear allowed from the armory, though? Maybe not. I'll have to check the wording again.

If this were to work, it is a real pity that Justicars can't get Tactical Dreadnought Armour. I would be way stoked to have a psycannon that can fire at max range while on the move.

Regarding my above post, I just realized I was wrong. The Justicar would actually get to keep his NFW, as it's a one-handed weapon, and models are allowed to have two weapons, one of which may be 2-handed. So, while it's still expensive, and you would lose one attack from true grit, you'd still get the power weapon attacks at boosted strength.

Hmmm, something to think about anyways.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

INQ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giving artificer armor wouldn't help (and carapace isn't on the list), because giving artificer armor is NOT in replacement of the power armor, it's in addition. or at least i read that somewhere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by INQ View Post
    (and carapace isn't on the list)
    Actually it is listed in the wargear section, in my codex at least. You may have an earlier printing edition, since I know they left out hellpistols and a few other options from the first printing.

-H
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by INQ View Post
    giving artificer armor wouldn't help (and carapace isn't on the list), because giving artificer armor is NOT in replacement of the power armor, it's in addition. or at least i read that somewhere...
    No way!

If you pay for "artificer armour", then thats what you get.
    If you pay for "terminator armour", then thats what you get.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Actually i've just found out that justicars can take psycannons!!

Firstly, the codex says that grey knights in power armour may only select stuff from the wargear list, not the weapons lists. So first of all give the justicar artificer armour or carapace armour from the wargear list. Than you can take a psycannon from the weapons list because he is no longer in power armour!!

Anyways, i'm pretty sure that it works...
    This is a great example of why the whole "RAW" mantra is a load of crap. You can't play this game strictly by RAW. Why? Because rules lawyers can construct situations like this that might literall be feasible, but are logically ridiculous. And also clearly against the spirit of the rules. (And that should count for something.)

jimbob, if you can convince a tourney organizer to agree with you on this interpretation, be my guest. But this smacks of icky, powergaming, cheating, rules-lawyerly poor sportsmanship. I wouldn't let you get away with it.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast