nids vs. sisters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nids vs. sisters

So I'm kind of new to playing I have 1000 points of sisters, and some people want to play me using nids. any suggestios as to some stragey. I have three squads of sisters, one retribution, one seriphim, two canones, and an immolator to work with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Would help if you had an Exorcist but oh well. Anyways your going to want to take out synapse first, if you take out the synapse the little ones for the most part won't be able to survive.

I would focus the majority of your high ap fire on Carnifexes, Hive Tyrants, Warriors, Zoanthropes & if he fields one a Broodlord. Those Sisters with all there bolters, focus those on the gaunts, you've got enough shots to decimate his force before it really gets to you.

Just remember if he puts a lot of gaunts down on the field, there really not that scary, you'll likely get a chance to rapid fire them before they assault you where most of them won't do much damage.

If he puts down Genestealers, and lots of them, focus on them, they've rending claws but until they get to combat there useless.

Don't bother shooting at the rippers until you can rapid fire them to death.

And Lictors might look pretty scary but you can take them down with bolter fire, as long as there not in cover/combat.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Everything we have works against Nids.

But Two Major problems can ruin our plans.

1. Fleet.
    One of the biggest problems against Nids is that just about the whole army fleets.
    Some Gaunt types additinally charge 12". So fleet + 12" charge can rob you of a round of Rapid Fire with ease. Do not let that happen. Ask for the movement stats for every squad before you move. Back up if you have to, or interdict a Rhino, but don't let yourself lose a round of shooting.

2. Anti-Tank.
    Some Nids are helpless to tanks, while some Nids can smear tanks. You need to identify what kills tanks and what doesn't. Find out before you move. Venom Cannon and Rending are the most common anti-tank. Mistakes... *ahem Venom Cannon* wil not be forgiven.

Here are some effective trumps against Nids.

Seraphim:
    Flamers that can be used more than once are a good payoff. But don't use Seraphim against Nids unless you are experienced with them. Do NOT let the Seraphim get charged. Get them into CC against a weak (but fearless) group of gaunts (who are in synapse range). Gaunts aren't too good in CC, and Seraphim can use the weak enemy CC unit to exploit Hit-N-Run to move between turns. If you can do this, then the Seraphim Flamers can be used at least twice. If the Seraphim use their Flamers twice, then they are doing well.

Rhinos:
    Tanks can force a fall-back, or create a defensive wall, or deliver flamers or, reroute his traffic. This is your trump to his fleet. If Genestealers rend a Rhino, it can explode and kill several Genestealers. (even if your sisters are caught in the explosion, you will save much better and lose fewer points than him).

Celestians:
    Close Combat is inevitable, because Nids are so many and so fast. I think it's a good idea to use Celestians. For 2 bits, their little CC boost is worthwhile. COnsider, also, their ability to be 6 Init in CC. Small squads are better if you ask me.

Celestine:
    The Mighty Celestine can go up to 7 Initiative in CC and 2+ Invuln.
    She can flame, then charge and kill some Genestealers before they can reply.
    She jumps away, and the Genestealers are left standing there with dead peers.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhinos:
    Tanks can force a fall-back, or create a defensive wall, or deliver flamers or, reroute his traffic. This is your trump to his fleet. If Genestealers rend a Rhino, it can explode and kill several Genestealers. (even if your sisters are caught in the explosion, you will save much better and lose fewer points than him).
    Wanted to add one small addendum to Red's excellent analysis, Sisters can fire out of the fire points of rhinos and because of their power armor, its not considered open topped. This tactic is very effective against nids. Move over 6" and then flame from inside the rhino. Genestealers need 6's to hit and 6's to glance. Then when they are whittled down, do the classic disembark and raid fire them into oblivion. You really only have to worry about the barbed strangler and venom canon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Redant View Post
    Wanted to add one small addendum to Red's excellent analysis, Sisters can fire out of the fire points of rhinos and because of their power armor, its not considered open topped. This tactic is very effective against nids. Move over 6" and then flame from inside the rhino. Genestealers need 6's to hit and 6's to glance. Then when they are whittled down, do the classic disembark and raid fire them into oblivion. You really only have to worry about the barbed strangler and venom canon.

Just a clarification. Rhino's have 1 firepoint and from this firepoint 2 sisters can fire their ranged weapons.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Just a clarification. Rhino's have 1 firepoint and from this firepoint 2 sisters can fire their ranged weapons.
    Where does it read that two models can fire out of one firing point?
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I should have been more clear on that. I was sorta inferring that you fire your 2 flamer weapons (or as in my case, heavy flamer and melta gun) from the port. But you are right, there is only 1 firing port (the top hatch). Thats the way I have always played it.

I was looking over the rule while drinking my coffee. I had always remembered 2 weapons fire from a single FP as well. Page 64 has the rules. Funny thing is under fire points it defines a FP as a hatch or slit where one or more can fire. The section below that (Ifantry firing from vehicles) goes into the aspects of 2+ 3+ armor saves. But I can't find the reference where it says only two weapons can be fired from a single fire point. Any idea where rule that is located?

EDIT ****

I checked the space marine codex(and chaos codex), under the rhino it says that two models may fire from the fire point. So playing it that the door swings both ways and our rhinos are the same, we should only get two weapons able to fire from the top hatch.
    Last edited by Redant; February 4th, 2007 at 16:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

You're right mate.
    Two models may fire from it. I just noticed that recently myself.

I should start a thread that is a list of my most stupid misconceptions.
    Or ideas easily missed. Ironing out the kinks has probably been the most helpful aspect of boards.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

So let me get this firing point thing straight. I can move under 6" and fire both special weapons from the firing point? Sorta like a mini immo then.
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

The Immolatore can more 12" and still jet out a cone of fire, but yes you're correct

In my opinion you are far better off hitting the genestealers first with the mobile advantage of your Rhino instead of using it as protection from incoming attacks. Why let genestealers attack you when you could kill them before they can? Anyways one more huge downside to letting genestealers attack is should they get a penetrating hit (Which I note is quite easily done given their high number of attacks given the chance), not only will your Rhino be gone but the Sister squad inside entangled (Also note that squads are entangled even dispite being fearless as it doesn't effect morale or leadership), leaving the whole squad as easy pickings for the rest of the incoming army.

The Rhinos 12" movement and 2" disembark is quite advantageous given the 8" flamer template and 12" bolter fire from 14" away from their original posistion.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast