Reduced cost Razorbacks worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Reduced cost Razorbacks worth it?

Hey all,

With the advent of reduced cost DA Razorbacks coming with extra free equipment I was wondering how tempted anyone might be to run a Razor-Horde of cheap, expendable transports armed with a fairly decent weapon.

Has anyone any thoughts on such a formation? or experience with using one (5+ Razorbacks). Considering that they're now 30% off with free gubbins I'm cautiously for them, though Razorbacks are very expensive in terms of money for their points cost.

Any input appreciated.

SW.

Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

I can see some people doing that and making it effective. And like you said they are armed with descent guns on the top. But those points could also go to something else. The only thing I would have to say for this to work is. Your army will have to be based around the razorbacks in order for it to work.
    .T~T
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they come with free guns then i think we will start to see more of them. I like the razorback but the fact it can only transport 6 men is a bad side. But with free guns i think i may need 2 now.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by haydn View Post
    If they come with free guns then i think we will start to see more of them. I like the razorback but the fact it can only transport 6 men is a bad side. But with free guns i think i may need 2 now.
    Yeah, I'm starting to think the same thing... damn. Looks like the Mechanized Firepower army might be getting a boost in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'm considering a Razor for ==My== Command Squad since they only come in squads of 5 or 10+IC. I've always liked their role as delivery and fire-support, but the cost has been somewhat prohibitive.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wings View Post
    Hey all,

With the advent of reduced cost DA Razorbacks coming with extra free equipment I was wondering how tempted anyone might be to run a Razor-Horde of cheap, expendable transports armed with a fairly decent weapon.

Has anyone any thoughts on such a formation? or experience with using one (5+ Razorbacks). Considering that they're now 30% off with free gubbins I'm cautiously for them, though Razorbacks are very expensive in terms of money for their points cost.

Any input appreciated.

SW.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. It sounds like you are saying that the model itself is on sale. The drawback to using Razorbacks is the point cost for what you get. It has the same Armor as a Rhino and cost 20pts more to get a TL heavy bolter? Double that for a TL lascannon? The IG chimera (available to DH and WH armies) costs a few points more than a Razorback, but has way better weapon options and capacity. A chimera has better front armor, but weaker side.

What I do instead of taking a Razorback is take a Rhino with a 5 or 6 man squad armed with a heavy and assault weapon (tactical) or two heavies (devastator). Two men can shoot out of the top hatch, so your options are WAY better. Try it, you'll like it!
    Just out of curiousity, whats next? Maybe you can make an issue about the fact that GW didn't define the action of 'rolling' a D6 to actually mean dropping it in such a manner as to produce a random result; thus making it perfectly acceptable to just put them down with the face up of your choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm, how did you get this information about the DA razorbacks? is the new codex out already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malachi View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. It sounds like you are saying that the model itself is on sale.
    I thought I was fairly clear, the units points cost is reduced. DA will get a Razorback which, with the Equipment factored in costs less than a Rhino currently does.

Come on, are GW going to reduce the £'s price on a model?
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Personally I'm not impressed by the Razorback. The fact that it can only hold 6 models limits the vehicle pretty bad. Yes, it can pack some heat with the weapons, but it takes to much points to make it effective. The only use I see for it is driving around Devastator Squads, which can always use some extra firepower. I like infiltrating them better, though... but thats not exactly an option with the DA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prittstift View Post
    Personally I'm not impressed by the Razorback. The fact that it can only hold 6 models limits the vehicle pretty bad. Yes, it can pack some heat with the weapons, but it takes to much points to make it effective. The only use I see for it is driving around Devastator Squads, which can always use some extra firepower. I like infiltrating them better, though... but thats not exactly an option with the DA.
    Having a transport limit of 6 models is only a disadvantage in the current SM codex. You have to also keep in mind that Tactical squads will be either 5 or 10 models strong, and that those squads with 10 models have the option to split them into 2 independent 5-man squads. This reduces the downside to the limited transport capability of the Razorback.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast