Battle Tactica: Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle Tactica: Necrons

Post all advice on Necrons here to help all IG players everywhere!!!:book:

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy weapons and a few russes will take care of those pesky warriors.

Avoid combat with a destroyer body lord kill that first.

Power weapon or power fist officers very smart.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Concentrate on phase out.

Basilisk would do well.

Wipe out entire squads to negate the WBB rolls.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Plasma weapons are useful against necrons, especially the rapid fire that lets you shoot twice at 12" range. I play drop troops and always have grenadiers in my deployment zone, while I deepstrike 3 units of veterans with plasma guns/sergeant pistol behind the necron advancing body. Catch thin in a crossfire, and they will stand no chance. Their Ap5 weapons are useless vs grenadiers 4+ save and carapace on veterans if given, so they are really recommended. I hate tanks as gauss weapons glance everything ona 6, so basilisk can easily be nailed by destroyers with their Heavy 3 cannons from 36" range. SO basically everything that BS4 with 4+ save is very effective against them. If tanks are used, then they have to be far behind you infantry line where their gauss weapons will have trouble reaching them, or in cover but then againt watch ot for destroyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-HQ Support Squads and Heavy Weapon Platoon Doctrine
    -Anti-Tank Support Squads
    -Basilisk(s)
    -Storm Troopers with vet sgts equipped with power weapons to protect the firebase form the assaulty units you may encounter

I didn't list ogryns.. but I used ogryns against necrons once and it was hilarious! They had a field day with those warriors. I don't use ogryns these days though since they are a bit out of place in my style of play.

any tank you want to keep in the fight is a bad idea against necrons. if he's a good necron player he'll likely have two necron lords. one on foot with veil of darkness and one moving as a jet bike (destroyer body). the veil of darkness guy will teleport to your leman russ and the squad he brings with him will rapid fire your tank. unless it's immortals.. then you're really in trouble. the destroyer lord will dance around and use scarab or destroyer screening to allow him to pick and choose assault. and he'll assault a leman russ and destroy it on first assault.

I'd take a large amount of missile launchers and two lascannon support squads (only for that extra point of strength over a krak missile)

the way to beat necrons with guard is to sit and shoot at long range. have the necessary firepower to destroy a possibly deep striking monolith. keep tight so everyone can support each other in the firefight. lots of high strength weapons with AP 3. storm trooper squads with power weapon vet sgts to counter assaults. hide your command squads to ensure you maintain your leadership bubbles.

Two command squads at the least

HQ
    -HSO w/ iron discipline
    -standard bearer
    Hvy Weapon Platoon Command Squad
    -JO w/ honorifica imperialis and iron discipline
    Last edited by NTFH; February 5th, 2007 at 05:40.
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I expect you're gonna do one of these for every race, Just make one post called "Battle Tactica: Everyone". It'll save us running through tonnes of threads.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

+ Reply to Thread