Battle Tactica: Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle Tactica: Tyranids

Post all advice for all IG players everywhere about killin tyranids!!!

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG against nids.

From the experience of my last game against nids is to takes lots of troops try your hardest to out number and still take some anti carnifex.

Flamers make short work of gaunts and 5+ sve genestealers.

3 squads of guardsmen will take out almost any nid troops choice with one volley thats why numbers is important.

Ratlings always wound a fex on 4+ and hit on a 2+ take 5 of em.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Sentinels with heavy flamers, for 40 points you get a walker the murders anything that moves, is mobile and can deepstrike if doctrined.

Hellhounds, similar version of sentinel but is more expensive so I suggest 3 sentinels over one hellhound.

Deepstriking veterans with flamers, once on the field they will devastate anything the turn they arrive with their 3 flamers, put enemy into a crossfire but then get torn to bits in the next turn as those gaunts will be pissed at flamer killing so many of them and thus probably charge the hell out of the veterans.

Conscripts, a simple, cheap roadblock. With a commisar, 40 conscripts will block ANYTHING for at least 3 turns while the rest of your army can focus on shooting.

Basilisks, in cover in deploymentzone they will rain fire on everything on the battlefield. Very useful and highly recommended, especially 3 of them.

Genesstealers that infiltrate wont be able to fleet so they dont pose nay danger with their 5+ as long as you shoot them before they get to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Fire Support Squads
    -Hellhound(s)
    -Basilisk(s)
    -Anti-tank Support Squad should take at least one in order to drop BIG BUGS at long range and DENY THEM SAVING THROWS
    -Large amount of Infantry
    -STAY AWAY FROM CLOSE COMBAT, going into a fight against the Nids and expecting to win with speed bump tactics is a bit unsound.
    -Scattered flamers in infantry units.

-Ratlings > I say ratlings last since I barely ever use them. but they are the cheapest snipers in the game. I think they're the best sniper unit in the Imperium for the point cost. Problem is the units you usually want to hit with ratlings will still get saving throws so I'd look for more 36" to 48" range weapons with AP4 before taking ratlings against nidz again.

I'd disagree with people who advise speed bump style tactics against horde armies. newsflash: you can't see or shoot through close combat. against Nids, you need to "mow em down" as much as possible before ever resorting to assault, unless your assault actually hits the nids on a flank so it won't block your line of sight to targets.... hmmm.

Thing is, if you feed a Nid army a commissar and conscripts they might thank you. That's almost protection. whoever is in assault with the conscript shield is kept safe from shooting and that much closer to getting a good consolidation move. that commissar had better stay out of base to base contact or else he'll be singled out and the conscripts will end up running(or cut down if you're lucky) and getting chased right back into your own lines bringing slashy death with them. Another problem with the conscript platoon is how many commissars are you going to purchase for that doctrine point and extra XX points per commissar? the commissar can only command the squad he has joined...

Hellhounds >> why not 3 sentinels with heavy flamers? You need to stay away form the Nids as much as possible. Helhound inferno cannon rules it fires XX inches and can be arranged anyway you like as long as it does not go out of range or Line of sight. Then you kick them when there down when you finish off with your three obligatory heavy bolter shots. Helhounds also have a better intimidation factor.

Support Squads >> Support squads don't take a doctrine point if you only take them attached to the HQ. Think 2 Fire support squads with heavy bolters. 1 Anti-tank squad with lascannons to drop the big bugs especially with that awsome AP at long range to take out tyrants AND those mega fex upgrades.

Basilisk(s) >> many nid units are can-openers so take bassies since they might get a few indirect shots off and you'll be less eager to charge a basilisks all willy nilly at the enemy compared to a leman russ.
    Last edited by NTFH; February 5th, 2007 at 04:58.
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Heavy Bolter Fire support, Missile Launcher Anti-Tank squads. The heavy Bolters will tear up most units and the MLs can tackle the tougher targets. Once the big boys are down (And provided everything isn't in CC) the MLs can switch to Frags and start working the little bastards.

Conscripts. So many bodies even the Hive Mind can choke on them. Toss a squad or 2 of 50 with no upgrades at your opponent and watch the dice roll! Maybe add some flamers if you feel so inclined (In my experience you rarely get to use Flamers against Nids) and you have 100 troops for under 500 points. Needing 13 dead before you take Ld, and 25 before regrouping is out of the question.

Tanks. 2 Lemans with flamers and a Basilisk should be enough blast markers to kill them buggies.

Commisars and Iron Discipline are a good idea. Keep every last troop on the field for as long as possible! Who cares if they are no longer scoring units or not, they can still fight and kill bugs, and maybe make a few swarms of them into non scoring or perhaps earn you extra VPs.

Failing all that, I suggest running fast:yes:

VERY fast

+ Reply to Thread