Ba Player Need Help With Bt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I play Blood Angels and have a fairly small army (1150 pts), and play my friends in 1000 pt battles. Theres a lot of variety, DE, Eldar, DA, IG, Nids, but the only army i have trouble with is Black Templars. I have 2 tac squads with 9 men each and two rhinos; a dev squad with 2 plasma cannons, a multi melta, and a hvy bolter; a Baal Pred; Chaplain w/jumppack and DC; 8 Grey Knights; and 10 Assault Marines He basically goes really troop heavy by using the mixed squad BT rule and drives up in his impregnable Land Raider Crusader, sits with the hurricane bolters a few turns, then when my DC or Assault Marines get close, he dumps out 14 marines and his emperors Champion and charges them. It is scary the number of attacks he get by charging (40 or something) and basically ties up my assault troops. His pred annihilator sits back at about 40 inches and blasts my dev squad or whateverother squad is out in the open with 3 insta kill lascannon shots. Maybe I'm just unlucky when i roll, so I'm buying a Predator next to tangle with his and also some Lascannon marines. Im thinking catch his pred in a crossfire of lascannon shots and give either my Chaplain or my assault troops some melta bombs for his LRC. Input is appreciated!! thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, you need to drop the Dev. Squad... For us BA players, it is best not to have a Dev. Squad, but take something more like a Dread... or two... I love dreads personally ( I will get one of my own someday, but for now I just borrow off my friends :lol: ) because they are semi-mobile and can still use their heavy weapons. If you were to use dreads, I would suggest putting the lascannon arm and cyclone arm on one, and possibly do the same for the other, but then again, you might not want two... The baal pred should have the sponson mounted heavy bolters, or if you have the flamers, make sure you get really close... The other pred you are thinking of getting is a very good decision, as preds are indispensible for any SM army... I think, bt then again, I only play BA and Orks, so... I think you should add an extra man to each of those tac squads to make them ten strong... and maybe drop one flamer in one squad in exchange for a meltagun... I hope you have missile launchers... If you don't have a flamer in your assault squad, then this would be the perfect opportunity to place one in. You may want to upgrade your tac squad sergeants to vet. serg.'s in order to give them power weapons... that should help deal with some of his troops... with troop heavy armies, one should generally think assault, and power weapons, with mobile heavy weapons to dish out some punishiment... and the melta bombs sound like a great idea for your Assault squad... also, I hope your DC has jump packs... If I missed anything, just respond and I will try to share my knowledge... sorry if I did, but that is what I get for kinda rambling... anyways, Glory to the Emperor and Sanguinius, and good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

do what we all do get your own landraider, or you could use 3 speeders with multimeltas
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the imput, i got a pred annihilator, testing it out tonite. My DC has jump packs yes, and i gave my Chaplain as well as my assault squads melta bombs. I maxed out both my swuads, gave a meltagun to my assaulty one and gave the assaulty swuad a vet sergeant with a power fist. NExt up is a Land Raider, and after that maybe some assault termies (Help or advice about that?), but I have been wondering if anyone has ever used a vindicator because ive never seen anyone use them even though they are S10 AP2 and ordnance. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo fellow BA brother..

As mentioned above, I say yes to most of the questions... I use a vindi, but only sometimes... Vindis are to scare ur opponnents, but I don't recommend using heavy weapons and not dev squads.. since we rage, and it's better to use those pts elsewhere...

Against BT, land raiders are often dealt with our meltabombs, while their squads... (either vindi if you can get a clear shot could blow it up) or if u use the DC, u can gain much more attacks than them! and u'll mostly like to strike first at I5, and if u often get charged, use frag grenades, and use power weapons to first kill them.

Imagine a DC: 2A normal
    Charging: +1A
    Corbulo: +1A
    DC company Army: +1A
    Holy Relic: +1A

Just remember that our troops are the best in the SM chapters.. so take advantage of that.. What I use is many assault troops w/jp for a mobility and rhinos for every squad: enables u to assault 36"...

/Brother Digi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A power fist, eh? I never really saw the use of those on a regular marine, when you could use a power weapon that would ignore armour saves just like a power fist, minus the instant kill. Your vet. serg. only has 1 wound, so making him strike last in h2h is not the best of ideas... I would recommend giving him a power weapon and dropping the power fist. This would give your vet. serg. the ability to do some good damage, but will also increase the chance of him living, which is, because he is BA , something desirable. Remember, the BA are strongest in assaults, so why not try to make them quick in their assaults as well? Then again, this is all IMHO, so take it as you will :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks arime, i gave made both my tac squads full and gave both vet sgts with power axes and gave each tac squads meltaguns and dropped the missle launcher (trying to go for maximum assault effectiveness with melta bombs and guns). Made my assault sergeant veteran... gave him a power axe too. I figure i might get some scouts next (10) and give em a vet sgt .... more rolls for death company and cheap distracting infiltrators, which; if they get into combat; can do some damage. Also, again about the LRC should i get a LRC and assault termies? cuz i figure they would be pretty nasty in H2H but if i lose them to DC.... . Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah and i just found out when i lost to a DA player he had 1480 points whereas i had 996... and the BT player had one too many power wpns it each of his squads... they cant have veteran sergeants or something. That aside next time i face them im gonna kick em in the teeth now that i have fire support and more troops so no need for stupid expensive GK or Dev Squad.

Closed Thread