Butchery - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butchery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butchery

K well im in a HOH tourney and im in a bit of trouble, I played a IG play in a 1000pt scrap and his record was 1 tie and mine was 1 solid. I play BA so I knew that I was gonna get butchered by machine gun fire, so I strong sided the left side and as luck would have it his vehicles were on the opposite edge. I did considerable damage but I was nearly wiped out completely. Whats the best way to fight IG with BA?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not much experienced with blood angels but from what i know just get them in there as fast as possible, since its a thousand points he cant have TOO many tanks so i would add some antitank or an assault squad with a powerfist and melta bombs. get a death compant stuck in there and watch guard bits fly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Imperial guard at low point battles aren't that good. I say this because they can't really have a full 3 heavy support without using more than half of their points. Assault them, you do not want to get caught standing still against a guard army. Try to get as close to them as possible. And the bal pred will be very good for this battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Utilize cover.

Try to stay behind or 6" in cover, that way, you can't be molested by the volume of fire. Also, the cover save is handy against all the AP 3+ weapons that will be aimed your way.

If you utilize cover correctly, then you can assault with a sizable unit, and crush the Guardsmen easily.

That's a standby for all assaulty armies, use cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank hunting bikes with Melta. They are really good at getting to the enemy fast and intact, he won't have much in a 1k match. Once the armor is gone the bikers can tie up any hvy weapons squads in CC to help the rest of your boys cross no mans land. Consider your bikes expendable once they dispatched the heavy stuff and just make sure you have enough to follow up.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_marine View Post
    not much experienced with blood angels but from what i know just get them in there as fast as possible, since its a thousand points he cant have TOO many tanks so i would add some antitank or an assault squad with a powerfist and melta bombs. get a death compant stuck in there and watch guard bits fly
    If his opponent plays Grenediers, There may well be 3 Russes + Light vehicles on the board.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

A Furioso Dreadnought in a drop pod is shockingly effective at breaking up enemy firing lines, even if it does little real damage. And it's relatively cheap, too.

When it deploys, walk it out behind the pod with its back position away from enemy fire so that as little heavy weapons as possible can hit it. As long as nothing destroys the pod, he'll be safe, and can move and assault a squad next turn. And if they do shoot at it - congratulations! You've sucked up an entire turn's worth of fire. It might seem like a waste of points, but you should see the psychological effect it has on shooty armies.

It goes like this:

CAUSE: Huge close-combat death machine lands.
    EFFECT: Flee!
    EFFECT NO.2: I can't fire my heavy weapons this turn because I fled!

Hehehe.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by The Toon View Post
    I say this because they can't really have a full 3 heavy support without using more than half of their points.
    Imperial Guard can buy alot of squads with only 500pts

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Hm. Out of all the armies around where I play, Imperial Guard is one of the forces that my Flesh Tearers fight against most.

I'm not sure of which Doctrines your opponent was using/uses, but there are a few keys to defeating the Imperial Guard no matter what Doctrines they choose to take.

Firstly, with BA, you want Assault Squads. You want as many of them as you can reasonably fit without taking too big a bite out of your total points limit. Other than that, small Tactical Squads armed with lascannons (maybe naked Veterans if you have the points) can help a lot against his heavier tanks (though don't expect too much from these units. Mostly, their job is to just keep him honest). As was mentioned before, a Furioso Dreadnought or two in Drop Pods can really make him nervous, as can Infiltrating Scouts, and a pair of Whirlwinds.

[Whirlwind fan girl preaching]

Now, I know that many people don't much like Whirlwinds when it comes to facing the Imperial Guard, but allow me to explain. As I'm sure everyone knows, the Imperial Guard has excellent firepower. As such, you want to have to deal with as little of it as possible. The best way to not be shot is to not be in sight. Whirlwinds happen to specialize in this way, acting as the Space Marine's only source of indirect fire support.

I've found that Whirlwinds are great for dealing with the smaller Guard units (which are also often the ones that give us the most trouble). To be specific, that's the small Command sections which seem to specialize in a few key things. Namely, those things are as follows:

- Giving their Leadership to nearby Guard units.
    - Carrying special and heavy weapons used to blow us apart
    - Counter charging our assault units and holding us up for longer than we intended.

Now, none of these things are good for us. To prevent these things from happening, drop a bunch of Vengeance Missiles on their heads. Even with carapace armor, they'll be wounded (and therefore killed) on a 2+.

If your opponent likes to use a Vox network, Whirlwinds are also quite helpful, as you can blow the Officer and his accompanying chumps to pieces in only a turn or two. Once I hit the Command squad with some Missiles and everyone was killed minus the Officer, who suffered a single wound. However, he failed his morale check and legged it off the board. Before the Guard got to do anything, his entire army was down to a Leadership of 7 or 8, at best. As the game went on, things rapidly went downhill for him, especially considering that I introduced him to a Librarian with Fear of the Darkness. ^_^

[/Whirlwind fan girl preaching]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And hey, lets not forget the pinning tests those Whirlwinds produce. Cower guardsmen, COWER!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast