Legion of the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legion of the Damned

So, my friend got a hold of the Legion of the Damned rules (not sure how) he was telling me some of what they can do. All deep strike on the first turn, 2 base attacks......yet another force desinged to get in your face. How does one stop them?
    EDIT: He found rules for them here: Codex:Legion of the Damned
    Is this even official stuff? Could I be a bastard and tell him cannot use them?

Last edited by Shadow701; February 13th, 2007 at 15:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

At the moment the Legion of the Damned is not official. There are various versions of their rules from the previous incarnations of 40k available and the one you quoted is one of them.

If you want to let him use them, by all means let him use them. For official tournaments they are certainly not valid.

I remember that there was a rumour about someone at GW thinking about redoing the cursed founding. But that will probably take a while.

My suggestion is to try and play them using the traits system and wait for the codex to come out.

I also remember that we had the discussiona short while ago, so you might want to do a search on the forum.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Those rules are no longer valid, and haven't been for a very long time.
    They were released a little while after 3rd edition came out, and all the rules on that page refer to the 3rd edition of the codex.

Not only that, but they were later replaced by a set of rules for a selection of several of the cursed founding chapters. These can be found in the Chapter Approved Annual 2004.
    However, these are also no longer valid in 4th edition, although they probably transfer much better, if you can get hold of them, and your opponent doesn't mind.

As for the Cursed Founding being redone, I suspect it will be a long time coming. The rules used to be online on the GW site, but as soon as 4th edition rolled around they were taken down, and replaced with a message saying: The Games Developers will get around to updating these eventually.
    Don't hold your breath.

Also, I'm damn certain I've said all of this several times before. Maybe try searching the Marines forum, the Rules forum, etc etc.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread