high commander - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: high commander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

high commander

I was trying to find a fun cc unit to add to my static gun line army. I was tinkering with the idea of having a high commander, plasma pistol, with sage and a company of 10 guardsmen, 4 with flamers

any thoughts? four flame templates will force a lot of failed saves even with MEQs. Plus the sage and plasma pistol combo ensures at least one casuality. Then the flood of 10 guard would do decent in an assault. Maybe give the high commander a power sword?

any thoughts? (i will be playing mostly against marines)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I've found that commisars with powerfists work better, your idea is great but a lot of times the unit you want to assault is already in H2H. I find rough riders work well as a countercharge as do command squads with fisted officer and a priest with eviserator and commisar with fist.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogryns are decent at cc too, with 3 wounds toughness 4, strength 6, and WS 4. The number of wounds outweighs the 5+ save. I've seen ogryns take down Grey Knights in close combat by the sheer fact that they can spread the wounds around, and inflict enough wounds to cause at leas a few missed saves. This is also true against marines, and especially since marines would only be hitting at S 4 instead of 6 like GK's. They are a bit expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Plus the assault nature of the ripper gun means they can wait behind the line until they need to rush out, shoot, and assault the enemy. Don't know how many points you have to play with, but just a suggestion.
    Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'll just add soem thoughts on the High Commander,

Why not use some of the more dedicated CC-guys? I'm thinking about the servitors and vets. The vets have more attacks and can chose to wield ccw+bp, quite a good combo I think and the servitors all have fists and the vets to hide behind. It would be more expensive though but still pack some more punch then the flood of guards you mentioned.

I'm, by the way, planning to add a High Commander myself, but not sure it'll be a CC-one thogh. I love the idea and I think it'll be a dream to model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about, High Commander? I've never heard of this. Is it an inquisitor modeled to look like an IG commander? Or did i just miss a white dwarf with new rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    Or did i just miss a white dwarf with new rules?
    Thats exactly what you did JonU; Steel_Legianaire, got enough of the Ogryn's statline in your post?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

The rules were in last years August UK WD, june(?) in the States. So nice rules they just wouldn't go completely chapter approved but more like Chapter very,very close to Approved. So they need opponents permission to be used. Same issue as (and with) the Chosen of Ahriman- special characters for Thousand Sons.
    They remind a lot about Inquisitors in the way they get "henchmen" to give them bonuses and such. Really, really fun idea.
    Makes for great modelling projects.

+ Reply to Thread