bt or imperial fists or dark angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bt or imperial fists or dark angels

well hi

well for starters i am unable to make a decision on picking either the bt or imperial fists or dark angels,
    they both are cool armys but i have no clue to which one i will pick,
    i like the bt because of the all round feel of the army, for instance the looks and being good at cc,
    but then with the imperial fists i like thier history and the fact that they have more firepower avaliable to them,
    and then there are the dark angels, i love also thier history and the looks of the army, and the colour scheme is also very tempting bout them, but i dont really know too much bout the dark angels so if i could get some info on them it would be much appreciated.

thanks.

if it was not for evil there would be no good,
    if it was not for good there would be only evil,
    for the greatest good is the greatest evil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Clicky---> http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dark_Angels

You can also find a ton of additional information in the new DA codex, which I would recommend to anyone considering starting a marine army. It'll help give you a fuller picture and make you more able to decide. Each of the chapters have their specific strengths and weaknesses, it depends on what you are looking for in an army... good CC abilities, terminator assault, lots of bikes/speeders. Give us a little more info on what you are aiming for and we'll help more

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars ALL THE WAY. With Redux coming it will be the Last SM codex to get nerfed. If you used termies you'll still roll with two AC's....Your Speeder squadrons won't be super expensive and a bunch of other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im looking for an army of marines that are both strong at ranged but also at cc,
    but im more into cc but i use quite abit of firepower when needed,
    and i want an army that looks really good,
    but id like a strong space marine army along those lines of dark angels, imperial fists or the black templar.
    if it was not for evil there would be no good,
    if it was not for good there would be only evil,
    for the greatest good is the greatest evil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Then your best bet may be the imperial fists; with the option of up to six devestator squads they are definately the most capable of backing up most of their close combat elements with ranged support.

Black templars, from what I've heard at the very least, are much more a close combat army backed up by mid ranged weapons. Whereas the new dark angels are a bit of a mystery, damn do I need to at least look in that new codex...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

What, no Wolves?
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Go with the models you want, and the rules you want.
    Simple solution.

If you like the look of all 3 mix all three model types.

Pick one set of rules - Imerpial fists are probably the best at the moment, with BTs a close second.

Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Right, I would sugest you go for either DA or Imperial Fists then. BT have some really nice CC ability, but their ranged support isn't as good as the other Chapters you mentioned so might not be what you are looking for. The bonuses of the BT is that they look awesome, have the Emperor's Champion and are strong in CC. They don't have access to Devastator squads thought, or some other SM heavy support options so lack in the heavy firepower.

The Imperial Fists can take more efficient Davastator squads than other SM armies, as defined by their traits. They can also take Lysander, who makes terminator teleporter assaults a scary possibilty - it giving you to option to have a large amount of termies in CC very early in the game giving you some nice CC options. Lysander is also a really nice model - another bonus.

The new DA offer some interresting CC abilities (esp the company veterans), and thanks to the combat squad rules you can allocate firepower far more appropriately then other chapters are able to. They also have the option to dump lots of terminators very close to enemy lines very early in the game with a ravenwing teleporter rush. You can even go for an army that consists of ravenwing or terminators entriely (well, almost entirely). Very nice new codex IMO.

Thats a brief rundown of the three. I think the last two (IF and DA) are the ones you should go for going on what you have said. Good luck wahtever you choose:yes:. Smite in the Emperors name!

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars are *amazing* for CC. Thier whole "oh, someone got killed, RARAARARGHGHGHGH CHARGE!" rule is *great* for that. I wouldn't go so far as to call them "weak" in ranged... they're not that much worse off then a codex chapter.

The Dark Angels codex is new, and looks like the first in a wave of "updates" for space marines as a whole. They are a very good, and very flavorful army, but simply put you will get less for your points, and fewer options, then a straight space marines codex chapter.

Imperial fists are, well, imperial fists. Without thier special character, they might as well be any other straight-outta-the-codex army. All your terminators at once is pretty spiffy, though. But I do prefer my commanders with double claws, personal pref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, as far as looks go, I think the Imperial fists beat the other two hands down (I love how the army pictured in the new codex looks). But from what I have seen, the Dark angels really aren't that bad to play as. I havent seen them lose yet, but I admit i haven't seen them play that much. I find my black templars are fantastic in close combat, especially with 15 man squads, but thats ONLY if they make it there (I have a bad habit of failing saves )
    And so the Ultramarines Tyrannic War Veteran says to his friend "Lictor? I hardly knew her"

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon
    It's like that Britney Spears song which you hate, but know secretly that you really like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast