Acolyte weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acolyte weapons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acolyte weapons

Help! I've got the Acolyte 2 model - they guy with the brazier on his back and his arms replaces by some sort of flame weapons. But what are those weapons supposed to be? According to the army list there's no options for flamers or meltas. The only other flame based weapon is the brazier of holy fire, which is described as a one handed weapon.
    Assuming it is the brazier of holy fire, does this model have two of them, and get 2 flamer hits during the game?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    They have two flamer only for the style, remember that they do not have any weapon you have to buy some for them. If you chose the brazier of holy fire well even if the mini have 10 flamers you will put only one template and minis under will suffert one wound as normal.
    But you can also give any other weapon to taht mini not only the brazier of holy fire...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply, herendel

i appreciate that an acolyte only has the weapons you buy for him.
    What I'm asking is what that particular model (acolyte 2) is supposed to represent.

The brazier of holy fire is a one handed weapon, and does not have any sort of "one per army" or even "one per model" restriction, so according to the rules its fine for a model to have 2 braziers of holy fire (after all, a model can be armed with 2 bolt pistols). I assume each one could be used as a flamer once per game, hence 2 flamer shots (but as you point out, a model can only fire 1 flamer per turn)

GW have tightened up on the WYSIWYG rule and generally (in my expereince) now only make models which fit in with the codex.

So back to the original question.... what does this model represent?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

...but you can only fire one weapon per turn, UNLESS the rules for a special character/unit say otherwise (Seraphims have two pistols but count them as twin-linked, but on teh toher side I think Cypher has two pistols and he can fire both at the same time).

The model - it is not a weapon - it is a torch for light in dark places

And acolytes come with laspistol and CCW at no charge I think, yet as you will probably agree we have no such models in the Witchunters line. It is just an invitation to do your own mods I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it could be used to represent anything you damn well like personally. Like you say, it could have two braziers of holy fire, or I use them as just two close combat weapons, or it could be an inferno pistol, or they could be useless in game terms. The list goes on. I think alot of the Inquisition models are designed simply to look cool, and fit a kindof more general purpose than many models GW make. They simply couldn't make a model for every possibility in a henchman squad.

+ Reply to Thread