help from english user - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help from english user

Hello,

Well I'm french and some times when I look at an army list (from english native speaker) I see that the canoness has more then 100 of weargear for exemple:
    -plasma pistol (xx)
    -blessed weapon (xx)
    -St lucius book (x)
    -mantle of ophelia (xx)
    -st apsira cloak (xx)
    -jump pack (xx)

So that 105pts and no one say that they have too much thing but for me it's not legal or did us in france have a different codex??

Last edited by herendel; March 21st, 2007 at 17:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

You are right! Many have got into there heads that 100pts are so much no one will ever use them, and thereby never gives it a second tought.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact is also that some army like SM can do it since for them weapon don't count in their 100pts limit in weargear...
    Last edited by herendel; March 21st, 2007 at 17:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by herendel View Post
    The fact is also taht some army like SM can do it since for them weapon don't count in thier 100pts limit in weargear...
    Herendel,

you make an excellent point, and I think that more players should be mindfull of this!

None the less, it is against forum rules to post the exact points costs for each peice of wargear, so please edit your post.

The reason for this, basically, is that it breaks GW's copy right, and they could come down and close us down!

And we don't want that do we? Oh no.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

That is not leagal, and hard to justify on such a "small" model as Canoness - under 100pts without upgrades. I did not see anyone question that 100pts maximum in any games that I have ever played....

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

In our codex, it says besides the 2 weapons you may ALSO have 100pts of wargear, so that canoness you listed is completely legal. ALthough i would slap whoever used one like that since they should NEVER have that much wargear
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our codex, it says besides the 2 weapons you may ALSO have 100pts of wargear, so that canoness you listed is completely legal. ALthough i would slap whoever used one like that since they should NEVER have that much wargear
    well in our french codex the weapon are part of the 100pts of wargear :cry: and an other translation error...
    actually that canoness without the mantle (because it wasn't legal for us) is the one I use tou play and she use to do her job very well, but with the mantle she will become far more fun for me as a lonely character that can hold some bad bad guy for a lot of turn with a invulnerable 2+ save...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    Oh really? My standard Canoness has an Inferno Pistol, Blessed Weapon, the Book, Cloak, and a Jump Pack. If I feel that there will be allot of S6 weapons and can afford it I'll put the Mantle on as well. She almost never fail to do what I want her to do and usally earns her points back one way or the other. Just because you may not like to have that much wargear or prehaps can't make it work for you doesn't mean someone else can't.

+ Reply to Thread