Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, if we are getting a new Inquisition codex next year, there will obviously be big changes. Customizable Inquisitor stats, new allies rules, maybe? I don't want to talk about that, though. That's Diggums Hammer's thread, and I don't want to threadjack.
I just want to talk about what cool new things the Grey Knights specifically should have. An in-between HQ? Lower AP on psycannons? Venerable Dreads? Better Nemesis weapons? Go crazy- don't worry about something being balanced. Just tell me what would be cool in a new DH codex for Grey Knights.
I think the option for Ven. Dreads would be awesome, helps show that again we pwn normal SMs.
But if the GK recieve only one unit, let it be GKs on Bikes.
That would rule.
Swap out the regualr bolters for TL Storm Bolters, and just give th Rider a NFW and voila, pwnage on wheels.
While on the subject of Dreads how about a drop pod for ours?. Maybe a pred. As for troops jump packs or bikes would be awesome T5 gks with turbo boost anyone?
I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game
I'm iffy on Drop pods(for Dreads) I see thier uses, espeically if they include bikes...but otherwise I'm not sure...
I think instead of the venerable dreads, we should get something like an enraged dred. The idea that GKs don't want to be in dreds rings in my head, and if your ultimate goal was to be burried on saturn, wouldn't you want to go out in a blaze of glory as a dred? Maybe give them 2 DCCW like the furouso, or give them something like fire frenzy (but more controlled) that allows them to really unload on the enemy once per game. And instead of a drop pod how about a teleporting dread?
I also would like to get infiltrating stormies. I think that would be helpful to the list and not be too overpowered.
The other change would be a razorback with a psycannon. It would only transport 6 GKs, so I don't think the extra speed would overpower us, and it would not over compinsate our lack of armor, and wouldn't drastically change the number one problem with GKs (anti armor).
I think those are my top three.
I was hoping someone would start this! Way to go nichodemus10!
I would like some of the same options as regular SM as far as Wargear.
1> Adamantium Mantle. I hate damn instakill power fists on my GM!:realmad:
2> Psycannons go to Rending like Assault Cannons. Set the range to Assault 12", Heavy 24".
3> Venerable Dreads.
4> A special rule that ALL Grey Knights can Teleport, even troop choices, and that they can start on turn 1.
That would pretty well make me turn over and kiss my own A&*! (Sorry for the visual)
"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
Sir Winston Churchil
1. Make the shrouding more effective so instead of 3d6 x 3 make it 3d6 x2?
2. Option for vindicare assasin to choose a special round for the whole game
3. Nemesis force lightning claws anyone? haha
Im also liking the GKs on bikes thing, now that would be awesome reminds me of jousting knights for some reason.
razorback transports as an option for IST's. Make IST's a troop choice with options like infiltrate and DS, like the elite IG stormies.
Widen armament selection for IST's. Maybe shotguns. Bring them in line with IG ST's, points-wise. Add kraks.
According to the bakcground, I see them as 'special forces' type of units, where they're set up for Abnett-style underhive city combat, with stealth (infiltrate) and such. Right now, they really can't do that.
Bring in priests and WH-style zealots. I can imagine the inquisition and more broadly, the emporer's cult of personality, attracting all types, generating a zealot-style unit for the Ordo Malleus.
On the Ordo Militant-side of things, I suggest:
1. broadening the psyker powers available to justicars to include any power. Broadening the selection of special weapons options. 2 per squad including: psycannons, incinerators, possibly thunder hammers in there also.
2. I think 25 points is okay for each squad member, if slightly high. 22 is too low, I think. But where points should be saved is in the special weapons options.
3. Players should be able to switch out NFW/SB for incinerators free of charge. PC's should come down a bit. Maybe 15 points each, tops. T_Hammer's would be around 30 a pop.
4. And for the psyker power, I suggest the squad come with the default power of holocaust rolled into the cost. So a basic 10 man squad with holocaust is 275 points. I think I'd be happy with the cost of GK's if the power were included.
5. Venerable option for dreads.
6. Skills like tank hunter and FC for GK units. I can't see guys in shiny armor infiltrating, so leave that to the ST's.
7. GK vehicles having the shrouding as an upgrade. I prefer to give it to vehicles by default, but that might be game inbalancing.
8. Also, improving the shrouding a little, as has already been mentioned.
9. I'm in favor of improving long range anti-armor choices. Rather than allow predators, I think the exorcist should be an option for DH, along with an immolator. Immolator can be upgraded to an incinerator main armament for DH armies only. Makes sense, fluff-wise. Make it cost...
10. allow heavy stubber on DH army chimeras. We can't take those. Assume the DH chimera is manned by IST's, and therefore has BS4. That seems sensible. Allow AC option as primary weapon.
11. As far as the chimera goes, this applies mostly to IG, but to DH also. Since the DA codex drops the cost of rhinos, I would drop the cost of Chimeras slightly. I think 80 is cost-prohibitive. Fix the side armor of those things. Make it 11.
12. provide for a good ordinance option. LIke more reliable orbital strike. How about a 3-battery pie plate to represent multiple shots raining down. This way, if targetting remains the same, the player at least has the option to direct the template where he wants it to go on a bullseye result after the first hit (subject to touching the first template the came down).
13. Lastly, provide upgrades that allow inquisitors to have S4 with a cybernetics upgrade or something like that. And drop the cost of tooling them for cc.
Overall, the concept of the codex is good. It just needs some updating to make it a viable competitive army. I need to qualify that: In tournament settings, even very well made DH armies using the whole codex and allies/inducted guard do not fare well in tourneys. My intention is to make them as viable in tournament play as any other army. My humble opinion.
Grey knights on bikes sounds like a very good idea, jump packs meh.
I think the Inquisitors need some tweaking, also their psychic powers. Ive always wanted 40k psychic powers to be in similar power to WHFB magic.
Main thing I would like to see is a master type unit ( between brother - captain / GM ) and to be able to take veteran skills for my grey knights ( we are suppose to be some of the most skilled units so why we cant take them is stupid ) and as said before would be nice to atleast take 1 squad on bikes or with jump packs. O and drop the str bonus of NFW to +1 but make them always count as power weapons.
- You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.