Help with drop poding Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with drop poding Wolves

Hi there,

I've been trying to put together a list of Space Wolves, that begin with absolutely nothing on the table. It's for a 1500 pts tournament, that I plan on playing for the fun of seeing how this works. Maybe this should go on the army lists, sub forum, but the roster is so crude that I thought I should post it here (please, do move it, if you deem necessary).

My original idea was using 4 full squads of gray hunters, tooled up with power weapons/fist and meltaguns, on drop pods. That would roughly sum 1000 points, and leaves me quite some room to play with the 2 mandatory HQs. One of them will certainly be Ven Dread with Plasma Cannon, extra armor, and of course, drop pod. Now here comes the difficult part. Those choices leave me 300 points and the need for a second HQ.

Initially I thought of a Rune Priest, in terminator armor, with a wolf guard retinue also with termie armor. But then, I would hardly be able to include an assault cannon, so whats the point?

I had some other ideas, but I didn't quite like any of them, as for an IC come to the table with an attached unit they have to be available on the same turn. I thought of maybe giving the rune priest his own drop pod, and spending points elsewhere, but then the very idea of him coming alone on the filed sounds kind of dumb.
    Can any one help me with this?

q

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Why not take one of the other HQ's and either give them a power armoured retinue or fenrisian wolves? Both are less expensive and the wolves could act as extra wounds until they all get blown away.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Yes, use a small ground scouting force, to lead your army to war. It could be as small as a single HQ on bike, or perhaps accompanied by a squad of blood claws, and two land speeder tornadoes.

Is their a reason you want everything to pod?

Where are the scouts?
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

+ Reply to Thread