Witch Hunter Wishlist... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Witch Hunter Wishlist...

Well because of the rumours floating around the click:Daemonhunters (New DH/WH/AH Codex next year) board I'm curious what everyone here will be looking for in the new codex, or what your all hoping for?

I'm hoping for some fast attack choices that aren't Sisters of Battle.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

i'ld like to see.....

1. rhinos able to be taken by retributors
    2. non sucky inquisitors
    3. more special characters, ones that cost less than 200pts
    4. zealots added as a troops choice, but make it so you have to have a squad of Battle sisters or storm troopers to field each squad of zealots
    5. AT other than exorcists

im sure ill think of more
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I'd like to be able to take Zealots as a basic troop choice I'd be thrilled with that and some new psychic powers for our Inquisitors.
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; April 4th, 2007 at 04:12.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like celestians to be made worthwhile- the addition of sarissa for free would be a good start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

- New models and more units really. For example Celestians are nice elite units and GW can release some really nice models for them if they tried, to make them look special. Using existing Sisters to represent Celestians but painted differently was a brilliant idea in that GW need not spend money to make new molds but also tacky in the eyes of a miniture collector Official Arbite models can also be quite cool, and maybe a HQ choice from the Arbite ranks can also be nice (an Arbite Captain or some sort...even an Elite Arbite squad lead by a minor character, adds to the theme of many lesser Heroes that exist in the codex)

- Tone down Repentia costs so they are more viable in games, they hit hard yes, but meeting the correct conditions to make them effective is quite difficult and does not justify the points cost imo.

- More vehicles unique to Witch Hunters. Imperial Gaurd have their Leman Russ and Chimers, Space Marines have their Predators and Land Raiders....Witch Hunter get whatever they can steal from the existing armies, minus the Immolator and Penitant Engines.

Overall the codex was well done, don't mistake me for whining >.<. These are merely the oppinions I think of what can lead to a better codex. Existing rules certainly can make a whole separate army (quite a nice one too don't get me wrong ) but it also feels like it's an addon to Codex Imperial Gaurd and Space Marines.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, upgraded Celestian is a wish, additionally they could make the repentias cheaper as said. But mostly I would like something fresh, new and unexpectable. The list could get even more craziness and oddity.

And yes the long range AT weapons would be nice, but not necessary I think the list is pretty good as it is right now. There could be some new nice looking models too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Holy Sabbat Pattern Helm, I am so far into the "more anti-tank" boat that if I got out it I'd be covered in splinters.

Work on Repentias and Celestians (even making them cheaper would be a good start) would be excellant, I think giving Celestians True Grit and CCWs would be fantastic, but kind of unfluffy I guess as GW seems to enjoy making the women weak ( rrrrrrg.

Also, does anybody know what's going to be happening for Alien Hunters?
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by honorableSimon View Post
    Holy Sabbat Pattern Helm, I am so far into the "more anti-tank" boat that if I got out it I'd be covered in splinters.

Work on Repentias and Celestians (even making them cheaper would be a good start) would be excellant, I think giving Celestians True Grit and CCWs would be fantastic, but kind of unfluffy I guess as GW seems to enjoy making the women weak ( rrrrrrg.

Also, does anybody know what's going to be happening for Alien Hunters?
    Well to my knowledge they are just putting all the inqusitorial armies into one codex thus Alien hunter being in with both the Wtich hunters and Daemon hunters. Though that is only what I have heard (and I haven't heard much lately).
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I don't forsee DH or WH codeces ever being redone.
    I think an Inquisitorial codex might be next.
    But while we're wishing, I'd first like to see a lot of little things fixed.

WARGEAR
    - Fix the Sarissa.
    - Fix Purity Seals.
    - Combi Weapons need a little tweak as well.
    - The Book of St Lucius needs to be clarified how it works with Culexus/Pariah.
    - Allow ISTs to take IG upgrades on Chimeras.

SPECIAL CHARACTERS
    - Fix the Priest. He is absolutley terrible. 3 Wounds. There. Done.
    - Allow one Commisar per Induted Platoon (simply because people love Commisars).
    - Remove "Word In Your Ear" from Callie. It just aggrivates people, and she has a bad rep.

GENERAL
    - Improve the definition of Shield of Faith indirectly by telling us...
    (... JUST WHAT THE HECK IS A MINOR PSYCHIC POWER, GW?)
    - Fix "The Passion". It's barely useful.

TROOPS
    - Standard Vet upgrade is too expensive at 14 points. Should be 10.
    - All troops should be faithful like Celestians or Seraphim. (Too confusing for opponents.)
    - Allow Troops to take 1 Heavy Bolter or Multi-Melta.
    - Allow Troops min squad size to be 6.
    (These last two are to incite the movement away from the standard "Mech Sister build", which is getting too common to always give troops a transport. THis, I believe would add quite a lot of variance to what we actually see being played).

BIGGER THINGS:
    - Obviously fix Repentia. 4+ Invuln and WS6 is my suggestion. Cheapen the Mistress.
    (Also let Repentia add faith to the army similar to Celestians & Seraphim).
    - Engines are just aweful. Make them a standard, flamey Dred.
    - Orbital Strike is terribly unfluffy. Away with it.
    - Replace Orbital with Zealots. (Fun Gamepiece!)
    - Disallow the Leman Russ. Unfluffy.
    - Chimera as a Heavy Support Option. (Or the repressor if it is a transport).

FAST ATTACK:
    - Seraphim need a little reduction. Remove the Free Imagifier. It's incongruous.
    - Create a Cavalry unit. (Use the IG Rough Rider Models).
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

PRIESTS
    Priests currently give no bonus to morale. I think that they should have the same morale rules as the zealots i.e. negative modifiers become positive.

Remove the righteous fury rule, it deters people from ever using them. Most non-space marine Imperial troops are firepower based, not assault based, so currently a priests special rules are near useless or a real crock.

Reduce their cost to say 20 pts, maybe 25.

TROOPS
    On the subject of squad sizes I think that the sisters had the large minimum squad size set to reduce the amount of drive-by flaming. The sisters were never getting out of their Rhinos, they just drove around flaming.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Rhinos as an option for Retributors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast