40k In 40 Minutes Pure Gk List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Ok, so I have a few 40K in 40 Minutes games with a buddy coming up. He has two armies, Tau and CSM. I think I'll mostly be facing the Tau, as it's his new army and he wants to get to know it better.

And before anyone says anything, I've been told that 40 Minutes is a 400pt game, and I've been told that it's a 500pt game. Same thing with Flash. That isn't the argument here, we've already decided on 500 points and Army Builder's 40 Minutes rules (no 2+ saves, nothing with over 2 wounds, etc). We're also requiring the 1 HQ & 2 Troops minimum as per standard fights, although we're allowing elites to be substituted as HQ (neither applicable DH choice fits the 40 Minutes rules):

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Elites) @ 110 Pts
    Psycannon, Power Armour
    2 Heavy Bolter Servitors

5 GK (Troops) @ 195 Pts
    2x Incinerator
    1 GK Justicar

5 GK (Troops) @ 195 Pts
    2x Incinerator
    1 GK Justicar

Models in Army: 15
    Total Army Cost: 500

How does this look? I want to use at least some GK, although I'm also open to adding in 2 squads of IST's instead of one of the GK squads. I left the troop psycannons behind because of the cost, and at no point do I expect to need a 36" range. 2x Incinerators per GK squad for taking out troops. My Inquisitor and retinue are the long range support, hopefully being able to take out any annoying heavy weapons/HQ's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think u will have a hard time getting past all of the Tau firepower as u are unable to use our main abilities (Deep-Striking, Psycannons, etc.)

u could use a BC as the Hero and that would save points but it would remove your firepower so i think it is a good list as Gk suck at low points but rock when we can get more points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Can't use a BC. One of the rules is no 2+ saves, so Termie/Artificer armor is out.

I'm thinking that the Incinerators will help with the firepower problem, as Fire Warriors have a horrible save. Plus, all those attacks in close combat will decimate Tau. I think it'll go well, seeing as our play area is smaller too. The Tau won't get as long to shoot before my Nemesis Force B!tchslap is upon them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you dropped in the 2 squads of IST's like you said then the remaining GK can be fast attack for the deepstrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it is a good force and should decimate once u get up close

one question - i just thought the no 2+ save thing would mean that terminator armour just gave u a 3+save and 5+ invun. Am i right or completely wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

I'm pretty sure it means you just can't take em. But besides, would you want to pay for a termie that wasn't as good as a termie?

Closed Thread