New Dark Angels Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Dark Angels Codex

So this is my first time posting on this forum and I'm sorry to say that it's a complaint. Not about this forum of course, but about the new dark angels codex. I've been playing 40k for 14 years now and I've always thought everytime they've made a change it's always been for the better or at least useful or cool in some way. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with a change. They dark angels have been my favorite army for years and I've had my army set up a certain way for quite some time and now it's ruined.
    Apparently now the only character able to wear terminator armor is a librarian?
    What happened to the company master and chaplain in terminator armor? Not only does that model become completely useless, but those are some of my best painted models, now no longer able to be fielded.
    Also the attack bike squad was completely removed. I have two useless attack bikes now that don't fit into the new squad formation rules.

Anyone else have an opinion? Agree or disagree with me, I'm still pissed that I can't field my terminator company master

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still pissed that I can't field my terminator company master
    use company master as Belial if its a realy good job
    Necrons 11k Tyranids 7k Iron Hands 6k
    my local club
    http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk/
    Necron sits
    http://www.pwl-tech.co.uk/csg/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

An interogator chappie in term. armor is still an option. Look at page 80, the interogator entry. Under jump pack. It's there somewhere. It does however come at a hefty price.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Welcome to LO. I have to disagree with you as I find the new rules great. Easier to make armies with rounded numbers, interesting combat squads and the such.

Int-Chapps have termie armour, and attack bikes are part of the regular bike section.
    Sorry to crush your first post
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Welcome to LO hypergorilla, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

That said, I'm sorry to tell you but this topic has been done to death. Ever since the DA Codex came out we've had nothing but the same arguments going back and forth. Fanboys like ==Myself== having it out with the detractors, our own preconceptions blinding us to the others' arguments. It's Caliban all over again, both sides entrenched and unwilling to empathize with their rivals, and the only result is the destruction of the community.

So please, let this topic die. If you don't like Dark Angels, don't play Dark Angels (try CodexM, Chaos, or whatever floats your boat) and if you do, well have some fun. All I ask is to at least try the new Codex out before you bin it. Maybe in a couple months we can revisit this topic when everyone has more experience and they aren't blinded by their limited views (both sides).

Thanks for hearing ==Me== out.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

==Me==, you did read hypergorilla's post rather than just the thread title right? Its not a general complaint about the dark angels codex, just that hypergorilla could not find the entries where certain options were available. Such as interrogator chaplains still being able to wear terminator armour, though sadly Belial is the only thing close to a company captain that can have it as well.

While its terrible that they did remove attack bike squads as a whole, you can at least still use them in the ravenwing bike squads. (As well as with a landspeeder, expensive or not a unit like that that can break up into three or four scoring units is definately cool...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not overall displeased. Though I did sort of gloss over certain sections due to my irritation. It's true I didn't notice the interregator chaplain, but still the regular chaplain cant have terminator armor. thats ok though i suppose.
    And though the organization does seem easier to put together, I feel it lacks a lot of the customization in previous codexes.
    As for Belial, I just didn't consider that an option because he's a named character and all. It will have to do. But characters still lack the +1 A that all DA characters used to have. Not a huge loss though I suppose.
    Nothing's going to make me stop liking the Dark Angels though. Perhaps saying that it's ruined was a bit hasty of me. I think I'm just bitter that I cant use an all attack bike squad anymore.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Yes, the dark angels have lots a lot of customization.

If you dont want to play death wing/ravening, then i would use a company master with combi plasma and powerweapon.

Then rhino rush.

That or death wing bomb..

This is because terminator armor no longer includes +1 attack. Thus giving your character terminator armor reduces an attack, because you wont have 2 close combat weapons.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I think the idea is that Belial is meant to represent any generic Captain in Terminator armour, since he has interchangable equipment, unlike most special characters. However, it does sort of make sense in an odd, not-really-making-any-sense-at-all way. This is still odd as there is, as of now, still no model to represent Belial. You have to make do with either a Deathwing sergeant or a Terminator Captain blister.

These things happen when new codices come out. It's part of Games Workshop's diabolical plan to force you to buy expensive new boxes of expensive new models.

Also, please try to title your topics a little more accurately; rather than "New Dark Angels Codex" say "Dark Angels models problem", to clear up any misconceptions anyone may receive from the title. We have had a lot of people complaining about the Dark Angels codex, some with reason and some just because it was the style at the time.

==Me==, (you?) try to read the entire post in full before replying. Your point is understandable and it was also pretty much what I was going to say before I re-read the topic, but it still doesn't address hypergorilla's problem.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Guess I jumped the gun there, ==My== bad{goofy}

Belial works fine as a Company Master in termie armor, though is does end up a waste of points if you don't use a DW Squad (why would you take a Termie master without termies to run with though?). And, for more incentive to have some termies hang with him, you get an Apothecary, the DW Banner, Deathwing Assault, and can use those Termies as Troops.

The normal Chaplain can't take termie armor, but the IC can. Seems kind of a pointless distinction, but the price difference isn't too large and the IC ends up pretty cheap anyway.

As for Attack Bike Squadrons, I miss them too, but you've got a couple options with them. You could keep them as-is and build up a Ravenwing element of your army. You probably won't use full RW Attack Squadrons unless you're plarying pure RW or large games, but you can get 3 bikes, 2 meltas, and an AB for a mere 175 points. You could also tear off and magnetize the side car so you can have an extra bike or turn it back into an AB. Finally, you could repaint it in another chapter's colors (provided you play another chapter of marines) and use it your other army.

I hope this post was more helpful
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast