Anti-tank in all infantry list... help please... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-tank in all infantry list... help please...

I want to start my own chapter (or maybe just Blood Angels) including absolutely no vehicles. I was wondering, what do you guys think my anti-tank should be? 5 Marines with a lascannon or devastators with 4 lascannons or what? If you are curious, my list (blood angels) would include something like 2 squads of scouts, 2 squads of marines in drop pods, 2 squads of assault marines and a chaplain with D3+3 death company. All I need now is anti-tank. I have an idea now of what to do... check out my list if you wish in the army lists section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

its hard to use heavy weapons in a BA army because of the rage. So I would recommend against it. But since u aren;t fielding vehicles.....try devestator squad with 4 Rocket Launchers. Lascannon devis are a bit pricey.

The 5 man lascannon squad is only good as tank support, so don't play it to fill troop slots.

Lookiing at your list however.....
    I would take the devestator squad over the the lascannon squad since you have a lot of infantry on the field already. The devestator squad will actually save you some points. (compare...5 guys with a lascannon X4)......or 8 guys with 4 lascannons. Sure you may have less bodies and less targets but you have enough infantry to give your opponents a hard time picking what to shoot.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

You could throw melta guns, power fists, or melta bombs onto your drop pod squads (or any squad really). I like the Dev Squad idea but of you're throwing your whole army forward (which is what I'm assuming you're going to do) then they could get isolated and picked off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the problem i see, is that if you go against another army that doesn't field tanks..you will get very very minimal use out of those squads.

how many rounds of shooting before all your targets are tied up in combat....

If you're a rush at you and fight chapter make your anti tank selections highly mobile...as in melta bombs, or even bikes(if your chapter allows..not sure what he was doing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step 1: Take Melta Bombs.
    Step 2: Don't get Vaporized.
    Step 3: Win against Tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

hey Chief!

*dismounts from riding-mop*{goofy}

after seeing you post of plight, it reminded me of my own quest a time ago, in that i wanted an infantry army with out tanks/armour. i went as far as footslogging, without drop pods either. but they can always be added for a larger game:w00t: i would like to share my own point of view, and i dont know if it will help at all, but maybe seeing how i looked at the same situation can help you decide how you dream of putting your own company together

i must amit, the marines i built allowed me to do what i did, as all the tact marines have Close Combat Weapons and Bolt Pistols, and take double special weapons, so they always move for close combat and arent slowed by heavy weapons.. then there is 3x Devi squads. basically, if it doesnt sneak closer to you, then its pumping out shooting dice hehe.

when you dont have armour, you need to make sure the infantry can deal with everything, meaning the tac squads, not the devo's. personaly, i put fists on the units with melta guns, and power weapons on units with flamers. that way, the squads are clearly defined as to what jobs they are assigned, or where they will move to try engage targets..

anyways, as for the devos.....

these were also defined with purpose, but its a bit difficult, you want to be able to hurt a wide variety of things. so first was 4xmissle launchers. the perfect duel purpose weapon!
    next was 4xheavy bolters, not for antitank, just for spamming dice at range.

last is the most controversial choice....
    3xlascanons and a plasma cannon. <--- very expensive! but if it cant see a tank, or something really deserves to die, then this is the unit! they can screw over tanks, can deal alot of damage to 3+save armies, and can also still put a Carnifex into the dust! versatile and deadly...

in all, having no armour in your army means things must be defined to a task. this is mosty true for any army, but more so for this kind of army.
    apologies if i have stated the obvious in this post, and im sure many would disagree with things i have written here, but hope i helped you a little bit in your quest for your dream army (as it was for me)

good luck Master1!

*rides away on mop*{goofy}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well everybody, I was thinking, why not try this? A chaplain with his death company, 2 squads of scouts with power fisted vet. sergeants, 2 squads of assault marines with plasma pistols, power fisted vet. sergeants and meltabombs, and 3 squads of marines with meltas, lascannons and power fisted vet. sergeants. I think that would work well. If you would like to take a look at this list in the army list section.... please do! I would appreciate the advice. I think that keeps my army always moving forward and with some decent anti-tank. Also, if the opponent has no tanks, I still wont be wasting my firepower! I think I have all the bases covered... lemme know! Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind
    its hard to use heavy weapons in a BA army because of the rage. So I would recommend against it. But since u aren;t fielding vehicles.....try devestator squad with 4 Rocket Launchers. Lascannon devis are a bit pricey.
    That is not true they don't have much of a chance at going forward with the rage. Yes it could happen but it won't happen every turn. In the drop pod give each squad a melta gun or plasma gun depending on what army your versing. The rage no need to really worry about it if it happens it happens. Normally in a devastator squad you want weapons that shoo the same range so that all are in range instead of some being short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

+ Reply to Thread