Change Of Name? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Of Name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the name of this forum be changed to Witchunters when the the codex comes out?

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sisters of battle will be the army permanently attached to the ordo herecticus, so no, their name will not be changed to witch hunters, but they will be part (an im portant part hopefully and powerful) of the army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he was asking if the forum would be renamed, a question I have as well... I know that Sisters of Battle aren't changing names, they just work with/for Witchhunters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even so, the only valid codex for Sisters will be Witchhunters, so it might be wise to change the name of the topic. Its either that, or start a new topic just for Witchhunters, since you will be able to field a witchhunters force without sisters. I think that'd be too duplicative; I think that this topic should just be changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't like that. Sistesr of battle where here first, we shouldn't have to change our name, just because a new type of inquisiter can join our army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah but were the grey knights not originally the grey knights alone and not part of an =][= army? they went from a standalone ally to an =][= ally as part of the daemonhuters. i think it is only right to change the forum name to witchhunters, as that is the name of the army. if we (GK players) have a pure army, we still must post under the DH section. so suck it up sisters and just go with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no you dont doomygirdoom. Your precious grey knights where never an army unto themselves. Sure they existed just like death watch does now, but they where never a complete army list like the sisters have been since second edition. You might as well start including armies like imperial guard and space marines into the inquisition and take away their Identity too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the grey knights and DW were never an army themselves, however they are attached to the inquisition directly. although the sisters have been their own army, they are also connected directly to the inquistion. guard and marines have their own identity, as they are completly autonomous. they are run by themsleves. however the SoB DW & GK are in part under DIRECT influence of the =][= and as such are a major part of the =][= army. these armies would not lose their identity as they are a major part of the =][= force.

plus if u wanna talk about an obsolete list from an older edition (unless u play 2nd ed) it isnt right IMHO to have a section for an outdated army. do u see a squats section here? i didnt think so. why? cause they are obsolete. like wise SoB list will be obsolete with the rise of codex witch hunters. i dont think its a bad thing to change the forum name-it just makes defferintating between do i post in Sob or witchhunters-where all of it could go in one (believe it or not some sisters might actually use some non-sisters stuff)

well thats all for my rant about this. all in good fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike squats, sisters had 3rd edition rules, and where in the 3rd edition rule book. They were moer than a small 4 page article in Chapter aproved in second edition, and in third, even if they didn't have a third ed codex.

They also had as much to do with the inquisition as the space marines do. No space marines chapter, death watch or greyknights included, is directly attached to the inquisition at all. They are just organizations with the same agenda. Sisters of battle are indipendant from the inquisition in every way the imperial guard and space marines are. I was pretty put out when gw recently said that ALL sisters of battle chapters where witch hunters. Ultimately, the sisters of battle, the death watch, and the grey knights are not directly related to the inquisition.

Also, of course some sisters players might use non-sisters stuff. Every imperial player has been mixing their armies with other imperial armies for a long time, because they have always had Inquisitors, preist, grey knights and death watch. Then there was the addition of Kroot.

taking a small squad and adding it to another army's codex (when apropriate) is like when GW made genestealers part of the Tyranids codex. Taking an entire army and making it a part of another armies codex is like GW taking ALL of the space marines chapters and putting them in the "badguy hunters" codex, because there is a new badguy hunter inquisitor.

Sisters of battle DO hunt witches, but some of the Orders Millitant are focused on Alien hunting. The sisters of battle can build an agenda on ANY of the Ministrorums Dogma. I would much rather see a Sisters of battle codex, and then in the Deamon hunters, the Witch hunters and in the Xenos Hunters have rules for a special Order of Sisters of battle. Just as there is the Space marines codex, and then Death Watch, and Grey knights. I might even go as far as to say that, because Dark angels hunt the Fallen of their chapter who are heretics and sometimes witches, they could be the equivalent to space marines having a special chapter given rules in a hunters codex. Maybe the Imperial guard diserve special Batalions dedicated to those three agenda's, but they have been given doctrines to give them as much individuality as they could ever desire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shiver, I was about to disagree with you, based on the iconography on the models themselves: the Inquisitorial =I= is all over the figures. However, a quick look at the 2nd Ed. Codex shows that the Inquisition isn't mentioned at all (at least, not that I could see on a quick review). The organization of the Ecclesarchy is set ou in some detail, but without any mention of the Inquisition per se. The Sororitas is under the direct control of the Ecclesarch. Thus, I'd have to say you're right on the fluff, but . . . evidently the fluff changes.

Anyway, the fact remains that the only way to field Sisters will be pursuant to the Witchhunters Codex, and the topic should therefore be renames. The only alternative would be to have two topics covering the same Codex.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast