Genswick Doctrines? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Genswick Doctrines?

Hi, I'm starting a Genswick army, and I'm wondering what their Doctrines are. I don't know much about their fluff, I just like 'em for the figures.

If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

If you just like the models then make up the army rules.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

What are Genswick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Genswick Rifles are a regiment first mentioned (I believe) in Dan Abnett's "Straight Silver." The Genswicks are among the troops fighting for the Imperium on the planet Aexe Cardinal in the mentioned book.

Here are a few examples of what they look like.
    <http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/ig_catalog_conv/default.htm>

One of our regulars at Wexhill Hobbies in Dayton, Spencer, uses Genswicks as his Imperial Guard regiment. Was quite a sight at a mega battle when the entire right flank of the Imperial line was manned by the Imperial Guard (Cadians, Genswicks, and others). I have no idea what doctrines he used though, as at the time I was a Blood Angels player and didn't have access to the Iggy codex. Lots of conversions though to give them the whole "Great War" (i.e., World War I) look...autocannons and heavy bolters that looked more like water cooled machine guns and such.
    "Wife! You are abusing that Leman Russ model!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well these are the 33rd Genswick riles, which I assume catbarf is reffering to. Also they apparently show up in one of the Gaunts Ghosts books, haven't read them all yet so can't guarantee that.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...nv/default.htm

while I've never heard of defined doctrines for them the WWI theme would probably bring them pretty close to Death Korp in style. General concensus I've seen around other forums is that the doctrine list should look something like this:

Cameleoline
    close order drill
    veterans

my personal suggestions might throw in something like:
    Die hards or iron discipline
    maybe light infantry

Anyway, there are no official doctrines for them so feel free to go nuts and pic what makes sense to you.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

They look pretty cool, and very dark (maybe a little to dark for me, but impressive non the less), an army of them would look quite impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice looking. I'd say for doctrines...(too go with a First World War theme) Maybe Heavy Weapons Platoons,Storm Troopers, Special Weapons Squads, and maybe Close Order Drill? (depends on if you want an early or late war theme I suppose) and Iron Discipline just because its such a rockin doctrine.

Good luck with getting those started!

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

I agree with the doctrines in the above post although i think conscripts should feature. In the gaunts ghost book they have very few officers many are too young etc and most are conscripts. Avoid Iron iscpline though as that wouldnt fit the fluff IMO unless it was only on the HQ officer. Look at some WW1 trench armour to get ideas for the stormies would look so cool. so id take

Storm troopers
    conscripts
    close order drill
    heavy weapons platoons
    Special weapons squads

make the list so that there are as few officers as possible ie. max out the platoons, take few heavy weapons and use mortars in commands hevay bolters in support. flamers and sniper rifles on support squads, i know not the most effective but very fluffy. close order should help keep the men on the field. oh yes make the stormies very close support and avoid plasma etc (though purely for effectiveness put some plasma on the stormies)

There were struthids in the book (bird type cavalry things) these would make good rough riders if you didnt want special weapons squads.

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post

Storm troopers
    conscripts
    close order drill
    heavy weapons platoons
    Special weapons squads

make the list so that there are as few officers as possible ie. max out the platoons, take few heavy weapons and use mortars in commands hevay bolters in support. flamers and sniper rifles on support squads, i know not the most effective but very fluffy. close order should help keep the men on the field. oh yes make the stormies very close support and avoid plasma etc (though purely for effectiveness put some plasma on the stormies)
    that sounds like an army i wanted to start a few years ago, i wanted to make them early ww1 german-like (the stauffenberg 1st). I think this is defenitly the best setup for an army like stauffenberg or genswick + possible rough riders
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the Idea for this army! I dont know much about it 40k fluff wise tho, what book /books is it in? Another thing for this army too is I think it should include no chimeras,sentinels,hell hounds, or Leman russ's of any type except maybe a conquerer. But I'm feelin at least 1 Bassie, Mortars, and maybe a team with a demo charge to act kinda like sappers? This is inspiring me to do a ww1esq list with my Vostroyans. I already named my commander Capt. Pabst (Necron/Fury bane) Brusilov. (long story)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast