Death Korps... How much $$$? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Korps... How much $$$?

I was just wondering, since i was loving the Death Korps models. Without conversion, how much would it cost to fill out a Cookie Cutter Death Korps 1000pt with only using forge world DKOK troops and GW vehicles? I'm just wondering total cost and since i've never really used IG before, i was wondering what a list for Death Korps would even look like.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I was just wondering, since i was loving the Death Korps models. Without conversion, how much would it cost to fill out a Cookie Cutter Death Korps 1000pt with only using forge world DKOK troops and GW vehicles? I'm just wondering total cost and since i've never really used IG before, i was wondering what a list for Death Korps would even look like.
    You know that old saying that goes, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"?

A squad of Kreig troopers goes for 32 pounds on the FW site and that's without any kind of special weapons or upgrades. The command squad of five dudes is going for 18 pounds. Two squads and a command squad makes a platoon, so you're looking at what, 82 pounds? For a troops choice?

Now, yeah, you could go cheaper, you don't really need the command squad for your platoon, but you said no conversions. Again, keep in mind, those are vanilla squads- no heavies, no specials.

You could go grenadiers instead. They cost the same, but you wouldn't need as many of them as you would regular troops. The 82 pounds mentioned above is a FOC conforming force, technically.

DKoK isn't going to be something you see a whole lot in your FLGS I'm guessing. The models are fantastic though.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm collecting a Death Korp army myself and I'm planning on getting 5 infantry squads - that way, if you put heavy weapons in the squads you have enough basic men left over for a sixth squad. They retail at £32 so that's £160.

Then of course I'll need 2 sets of heavy weapon teams. They're £38 each, so that's £76.

To finish it off I'll probably get the command section squad which is £18. Actually, I'll probably need two command sections won't I? So that's £36.

So all that comes to £272.

I will be building up this army slowly
    So my humble Guardsman's fist is as strong as a blast from his laser rifle?

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

to put it in perspective the guard army im creating has six squads and 4 command squads then vehicles (its 1500 points)
    it would cost

4x18= £72 for the basic guys
    and then £20 for the heavy weapons. im planning on using bits box for any conversions etc but add on ooo £12 for bits if you were buying all new so £104 for the infantry fully tricked out. plus the vehicles. thats 80 men with everything for £104 versus , 60 men with nearly everyhting for £272. then vehicles which there will be about the same in each.
    if you work it out a squad of cadians with heavy and special weapon would cost around £12 i reckon. makes the forgeworld stuff three times the price.

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other drawback with collecting Death Korp is that normal basic Guard squads are easy to find on E-bay (and you can normally get them very cheap) but you'll be lucky to find DK stuff on there.
    So my humble Guardsman's fist is as strong as a blast from his laser rifle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for all the help. I'm going to make sure i create a picture perfect list (in my opinion) before i start purchasing for this army. Also, due to it being a FW army, i feel this army will be constructed very slowly.

+ Reply to Thread