Duel Pistols - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duel Pistols

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Duel Pistols

I've converted my commissar from Usarkar Creed. The model carries 2 pistols. The rules for creed say that they count as a twin-linked hellpistol, but that particular weapon is not on the wargear list. Should I count them as a single storm bolter instead? Or somthing else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In game wise 2 pistol to anyone else is only count as a pistol and a close combat weapon.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

the above poster is correct, there are sevral things you can do though. as far as i remeber creeds pistols are in the holsters. this means that they can represent any pistol. so you could take a plasma pistol and a bolt pistol. this means you get two CCW adn you can decide whether to shoot tanks or troops, also when on the last wound you wont have to worry about frying yourself!

A

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    I've converted my commissar from Usarkar Creed. The model carries 2 pistols. The rules for creed say that they count as a twin-linked hellpistol, but that particular weapon is not on the wargear list. Should I count them as a single storm bolter instead? Or somthing else?
    EDIT:

Misread that pretty bad. Personally I'd just count it as a pistol and CC weapon. You don't pay for it that way. Counting it as a stormbolter would be pretty iffy IMO.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I was under the impression that any time you took two of the same pistol for a character that it counted as 1 twin-linked pistol for shooting and 2 hand to hand weapons in CC.

That's why seraphims, with two bolt pistols, count as having twin linked bolt pistols and two hand to hand weapons

Besides, if someone complains about you twin-linking something as weak as hellpistols, then they must have a serious bug up their @$$
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Neferata View Post
    I was under the impression that any time you took two of the same pistol for a character that it counted as 1 twin-linked pistol for shooting and 2 hand to hand weapons in CC.

That's why seraphims, with two bolt pistols, count as having twin linked bolt pistols and two hand to hand weapons

Besides, if someone complains about you twin-linking something as weak as hellpistols, then they must have a serious bug up their @$$
    it only becomes twin linked if it's specifacly mentioned in their respective entry. + you can't take two of the same items, not even something as mundane as 2 ccw's
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Somehting that needs looking up in the rulebook. twin linking is somthing that must be specifically stated such as with the seraphim (im sure i read something along the lines of a special rule meaning that they were twinlinked) otherwise they are two different weapons. As only one can be fired (without a special rule) then they could not be twinlinked!

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want the effect of twin-linking, you could take a "master crafted" bolt pistol. Gives you the reroll as if it were twin-linked. Also would count as a extra closecombat weapon (since you get that for free)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu View Post
    it only becomes twin linked if it's specifacly mentioned in their respective entry. + you can't take two of the same items, not even something as mundane as 2 ccw's
    I'll accept the first part, but you most definitely CAN take multiples of any 1 handed weapon. You can take two close combat weapons (though that isn't very efficient). You can even take two power weapons (doesn't say anywhere that you cant), though it definitely wouldn't be worth the points.
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

You are quite right though there is one occasion i can think of. When you take a powerfist in a guard army you can rarely use it so people occasionally take a powersword so they have a choice. This is a little different but basically whilst there are no restriction on you having two of the same weapon there is no reason to (at least in the current edition)

A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast