Idea: Wings of Russ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Idea: Wings of Russ

Hello all i am working on my Space Wolf army and i was thinking of making my own chapter with Russ as Geneseed called the Wings of Russ.

As Traids i wanted to take:
    Significant Divergence=

Advantages:
    Blessed be the Warriors
    Trust your Battle-Brothers

Disadvantages:
    Major: Flesh over Steel
    Minor: Have Pride in your Colours

I will work this out later because i have to go to work but i like to hear what you think and maybe you have some tips

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Some assaulty Space Wolves these will be eh?

I like it but... You can drop the Trust your Battle Brothers advantage and one disadvantage... I mean since you are making an assault army you will not have many tacticla squads to get a benefit from that! And thus you will have a disadvantage lesser!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

That depends Tsele. Depending on how the list will be constructed the TYBB advantage can still be of use. And even if it's of minor use, if it has the feel you're after - why not take it?

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being at work I don't have my codex with me so I don't remember if all squads have to be given the bonus for TYBB. If not, then having this for the Tac Squads that are along with the Assault Squads could be right handy.

What have you thought about for a color scheme and symbol?
    Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will let you know in a major way.

Not all the Emperors Children turned coat. We will redeem our name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

It's for the Command and Tactical squads! As far as I remember because I too am at work and I don't have the codex!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

That is correct, it can be used for Tactical Squads, Veteran Squads, Devastator Squads, and Assault Squads.

I think you could have a rather assaulty list with TYBB. But not the charging kind. Rather, the way to effectively run a True Grit Army is to rush up, and rapid fire, but don't charge. Allow the opponent to charge, so that you're making full use of True Grit and Counter Attack, it can be a very devastating tactic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Thx for the input so far and here some thingies:

Both the upgrades are for an typical Assaulty SW army but still defensive strong.

I want to put most of my troops on razorbacks and add a Dreadnought or 2 to the mix and maybe 2 Landspeeders, this is to get an fast assault force that does not uses lasplas squads.

Don´t know yet of im gonna use a Chaplain , most people say i should take one but....:ninja:

I´m gonna work it out a bit more and make an armylist soon.

and keep the C&C coming.

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Why wings?
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about the 'Wings' myself, and with the mass amounts of Assault squads it makes sense. Fluffwise older SWs abhor flying, and prefer to fight with their two feet planted firmly on the ground "as Russ intended." I'd assume that any Wolf Lords who break away from the main Chapter and establish their own would stay with this ideal, so from a fluff point of view your army idea is a bit strange. Then again there could have been a particularly unorthodox Lord who loved jump packs, so it could work.

As for transporting most of your Tacticals in Razorbacks, having a few LS's, and using the BbtW trait, you're going to be hard-pressed in the Fast Attack department. I wouldn't recommend taking Razorbacks unless you have at least 2-3 other real tanks (LS's don't count), since RB's typically get taken out quickly if it's the only one on the table. Sure the Dreads will help with splitting up the AT fire, but once they hit CC (or die) all the big guns will point to your RBs, especially if you include LS's and a normal Assault Squad (due to Flesh Over Steel limiting the amount of transports you use).

If you want to make it so that you can include all of these things into your army (and possibly being called cheesy), you should switch Flesh Over Steel for Aspire to Glory, since in such a fast army you could probably go without Terminators, though it's going to hurt the amount of Dreads you can take.
    Lone Wolves (Space Wolves) - 2092 pts
    Hive Fleet Basilisk (Tyranids) - 1767 pts
    Chaos Fleet - 900 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Darksteel View Post
    I was wondering about the 'Wings' myself, and with the mass amounts of Assault squads it makes sense. Fluffwise older SWs abhor flying, and prefer to fight with their two feet planted firmly on the ground "as Russ intended." I'd assume that any Wolf Lords who break away from the main Chapter and establish their own would stay with this ideal, so from a fluff point of view your army idea is a bit strange. Then again there could have been a particularly unorthodox Lord who loved jump packs, so it could work.
    More than just a "bit" strange, this is very-much ANTI-Fluff. Not that fluff ever stopped anybody. You can rationalize anything you want. Just have a thick skin when you get laughed at or receive disapproving stares from the purists.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast