the best heavy weapons team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: witch is better

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • autocannon

26 32.50%
  • heavy bolter

20 25.00%
  • rocket launcher

13 16.25%
  • mortar

7 8.75%
  • lascannon

10 12.50%
  • catchan heavy bolter

1 1.25%
  • catchan rocket launcher

1 1.25%
  • catchan mortar

1 1.25%
  • catchan lascannon

0 0%
  • catchan autocannon

1 1.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best heavy weapons team

hi every one this is my first post but i was wondering what is your favorite heavy weapons team and why, also if this has already bin done tell me and also if i`v missed any tell

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Non, the Praetorian Missile launcher team is the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Bolter isn't my favorite from a damage perspective but I definitely think its my favorite model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Well, from a model's perspactive I think the Steel Legion Missile Launchers are the coolest - I'm in the process of stealing their ML's for my Tallarn army.

Your poll is very hard to answer, because the weapons all have completely different roles. It's better to think about the weapons options like a toolbox, if you're facing heavy tanks or terminators, lascannons are best. Light tanks or skimmers, autocannons are best. Power armor, missile launchers are best. Light infantry, heavy bolters are best.

When making a balanced list, I think that the two most all-purpose guns are the Heavy Bolter and the Lascannon. They both fall at either end of the spectrum, and so together they can handle a little bit of everything.

But I really think that in order to have a toolbox that can handle any job, you'll need to have a few of all the tools. :yes:
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

I agree about Lascannon/HB. Using Autocannon/ML just doesn't work as well, not to mention you lose something- if you fire on infantry with an Autocannon you're missing out on transports, and same for ML. With HB, you can pair it with a GL and only hit infantry, or pair a Lascannon with a PG and kill tanks.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

The lascannon makes a cool model, but in game terms id have a missile launcher any day. They are just too expensive for what they do and i can just take meltas. But, as said above, there is no one good team for everything each has its own purpose.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Guys!

Admittedly, if Grenade Launcher was on the poll, I'd choose that
    But instead, I'd have to go for the Missle Launcher. I love the duel functionality of those kinds of weapons, but again, different weapons for different jobs.... you'll end up taking a mix of most anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the previously stated points of different weapons for different jobs, but honestly, when I am done filling out on the LC and ML I need, I look to pick up as many HB as I can to fill in points. It takes down most infantry w/o saves, and even the mighty space marines will die by sheer number of saves forced. Its also fun to take them in a firesupport squad and give them sharpshooter, but thats just a side note.
    Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree. after a fixed number of LCs (i dont take ML as i like to have a single role for each weapon) i fill the rest with HBs. these two are the only heavies (except tank cannons) that you would find in my army list. LC is best against tanks, HB is best against infantery. why getting fancy and buying a AC against transport. guard have enough heavies that there is always a spare LC to aim at the those transports.

for looks, I'd also go with the HB, though mortars look cool too.
    "You'd never imagine how many people would like an electric chair hanging on their wall. Especially if it fits the colour of the wallpaper."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Ill go for the missle Launcher myself as being able to damage tanks and get past a marines power armor is just to good to past up for only 5 points more then a plasma gun and while the frag missiles are not as useful there still there if you feel the need to fire one. Lascannons are nice but stand out to much for my liking and because your opponent (If he is any good) will target them you need to take more then one in order for them to be effective which means you have to spend even more points on them.

Missile Launchers in a command squad for the win:yes:
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 18th, 2007, 17:50