Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I don't think this question is heavy-duty enough for the conversions forum...
What bodies, arm in the current ranges go well together? I was wondering specifically if anyone mix and matched Cadian and Catachan bodies/arms/legs to good effect.
Also, Has anyone used the Brentonian Men-at-arms bodies with cadian or catachan arms?
Pics would be great if you have them!
RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!
It really depends on the theme you want for your army. You can kit-bash all kinds of stuff... Tau or Chaos even, Fantasy stuff, I find Space Marine Scouts have lots of cool stuff that fits in well with IG.
Tyranids: 2500 pts
Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
Witch Hunters: 1000 pts
Me! I have one set of MaA, and I'm waiting for my other set of MaA, a Cadian Battleforce, and lots of bases to come off Ebay!Has anyone used the Brentonian Men-at-arms
I use Cadian arms for the MaA for basic infantry, and I cut down on the Cadians' armor and give them the same round hats and it makes them look like Conscripts.
Last edited by catbarf; April 21st, 2007 at 03:12.
If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.
Ive used a couple of different kits,
1) I find empire feathered hats give officer a distinct look simple head swap (see the link in my sig, or if that doesnt work, commisar lestats IG hordes blog)
1) The empire militia go really well although they look a little malnourished thought as conscripts i like it (see the thread conscripts by request in the modelling area, i think thats where may be a couple of pages back)
2) Mixing the catachan and cadian sprues can work really well hoever there are a few bits that dont work too well. The arms are great and with a little green stuff you can make sleeves (i have done this and can get a pic if you want il place it in my WIP thread on request). the heads are good too especailly if you want to do anything to the bare head.
3) However, the chests that are bare or vested dont really go with the cadian arms. i have done this on a few models (as i built capes i could hide the backs and the front is hard to distinguish) so in repainting i am going to give them skin tight vests just remember to file off a little of the detail first. (again pics available on request)
4) If you look at the Genswick thread its got a link to the US GW site where someone has successfully made guard and bretonian men at arms mix.
5) for rough riders i have heavily converted some glade riders (i have one finished i think ive posted elsewhere but could repost) and am considering using Bret knights i have to make carapace rough riders, only a little conversion needed.
I havnt tried anything else personally but i should imagine kits people have mentioned work, here are a few possibilities, (i will add others suggestion in there though)
space marine scouts (Abe Lincoln), ive personally used their shotguns which work well.
Tau (only for auxilliares i should imagine) (Abe Lincoln)
empire pistolers for rough riders
the old empire box would have been great but i suppose the new one may work to some extent.
I have seen adaptations of beastmen into guardsmen, the kits fit really well. (my mate did this and you have to be able to do GS hair to make it look top notch)
Elven kits could be used for slim guardsmen ( i had another friend use the kneeling high elf legs for a missile trooper)
marauders. These are similar to catachans but i little more feral, i have a feeling the arms may need a little trimming but worth a try.
Thats all i can think of for the moment, any photo requests just post a reply.
hope that helps